PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   How to add your own slider sounds (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5439)

xmentalx 06-27-2007 11:44 PM

How to add your own slider sounds

i posted this over at sprintusers, searched didnt find it here, so i figured i would share it also, it requires .wav files, and some basic registry editing

Alright heres how you do it

step 1 get your 2 files, as far as i know they HAVE to be .wav files the shorter the better....

step 2 name the closing sound #_in.wav and the opening sound #_out.wav (where # is any number greater then 2 because 0 1 and 2 are taken up by the default sounds, i am assuming you can add as many as you want, and just keep them in the numerical sequence) and then copy them into your windows directory on the device

(now the registry editing begins)

step 3 browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > HTC > Sliding sound
and make a new key and number in sequence (so if this is your first it will be 3)

step 4 create a new string and set the value name as Default and for value data, name it whatever refers to your sounds

step 5 create another string set the value name as: in and enter the value data as title of your #_in.wav you made earlier

step 6 create another string set the value name as: out and value data as your #_out.wav you made earlier

step 7 (to make sure the reg edits stick) press the power button on your device on the side, leave it off for 30 seconds, turn it on, then back off and soft reset the device

step 8 go into your sliding sounds settings and apply your new sound scheme

luv2chill 06-28-2007 12:36 AM

Nice work! I figured they were in some funky format--glad to hear it's just simple wavs, with all the "magic" in the registry where it belongs. I can think of some fun uses for this. Thanks for posting the procedure.

viperboy 06-28-2007 12:40 AM

thanks for the tutorial. now we need to have a collection of short sounds for when you slide the device :)

xmentalx 06-28-2007 12:56 AM

no problem, i just searched the internet for "sound bytes" and "sound effects" and found what i was looking for

now when i slide my phone open it cocks, and when i slide it closed it fires :-)

and if it matters, im BrettW at sprintusers

stroths 06-28-2007 10:07 AM

If you want to mess with people, make it scream when you open it :)

Wideawake 06-28-2007 10:29 AM

lol how about upgrading attaching the gun sound effects for kicks =)
~mike

Wideawake 06-28-2007 10:30 AM

lol how about upgrading attaching the gun sound effects for kicks =)
~mike

viperboy 06-28-2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xmentalx
...and if it matters, im BrettW at sprintusers

i only knew that from where it says you're from in both of these forums. i was getting ready to flame you for stealing BrettW's post, but then i figured out that you had a different name here :D

kalibar 06-28-2007 12:06 PM

This looks sweet, I'll have to play around with it. Thanks!

CTSLICK 06-28-2007 12:19 PM

I need to find sound effects for the Star Trek doors...you know...that little sounds the doors made when they opened and closed. That would be perfect!