PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

tzx3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
umm...need some help with my new xv6800...please..

ok, so heres the story:

i LOVE my xv6900, BUT, i got tired of not having a keyboard. so, i bought a vary heavily used xv6800 on ebay( thank god for ebay, right? what would we do with out it...?)

so, to get to the problem, i decided to keep my touch, and just use one of them as an activated backup, if i could somehow work that out with verizon, and keep it on the same number legaly. i know there is a servise or something for that that they might offer.

ok, so this is the real problem..that was the lead up i guess...

anyway, i turned off my touch, and programed my 6800 using *228, option 3, which for those of u that may not know, is the option to switch hardware while keeping it on the same number. so, when i was done, i flashed the rom and all that fancy stuff. durring the rom flash, i turned on my touch...and to my surprise, it still had service...but so did my 6800! i opened up epst on both phones, and ALMOST everything was the same. all except for the esn, and a couple of other small things like device life count, blah blah blah.

my question would then be...is there a problem here? can i get into trouble for any of this? i bought the phone with a "clean esn", and now im questioning if i even knew what that meant in the first place...but thats for another time. i read a little about "cloning" out of churiosity, and thats where im getting the concerns from. i have decided at this point not to do any cloneing, for its riskyness....that aside...anyone got any advice or know what i should do? is it a big deal, or is it not since technicly there is no "esn clone" in the picture?

thanks for reading my long plea for help and advice...and anything that might help would be apretiated.

thank you,

TZ

Old 01-21-2009, 02:06 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: umm...need some help with my new xv6800...please..

I think that's normal but I had some beer so I may have not read your post right. So both phones have the same programming, just different ESNs?
Old 01-21-2009, 06:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I would think to switch service from one phone to the next you would just go online to VZW site and do a ESN swap for the service. Thats what I have done in the past when switching phones and never had any issues. I would imagine that somewhere along the line VZW will catch on and the service will end on the Touch
Old 01-21-2009, 07:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That is normal, give it a little while and the Touch won't work anymore. I have had that happen on the last 5 phones or so between the wife and I.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

tzx3 is a n00b

Thank you for your speedy replies.

yes, bolth phones appear to have the same programing, but the ESNs are different.

i usualy would go online, but decided that doing it streight from the phone was quicker. i have been debating about telling verizon directly, but im not sure i should untill i know whats up.. however, im sure that they would understand the situation, and work with me.

as for the touch service eventualy ending, that might be the case, because as soon as i posted my question, i recieved some PPP connection error. i have not since turned the phone back on, as i do not know what is really happening. i am probably just making a big deal out of something that is nothing, but i wanted to ask and make sure that i wouldnt be in any legal trouble.

thanks,

TZ

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan