PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Blackberry Connect on the Mogul (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5413)

letsgoflyers81 06-27-2007 07:53 AM

Blackberry Connect on the Mogul

Since Good isn't available for the Mogul yet, I looked into the Blackberry Connect PPC app. According to this site, it works for Windows Mobile 6. However on RIM's site they don't mention which version of Windows Mobile it's compatible with and they only list the Q for compatible devices. I found this thread in which they had to hack up their registries to get it working, but it looks like that was before it was available for WM6.

So... has anyone tried Blackberry Connect yet, or is there any information which shows it would or wouldn't work out of the box with the Mogul? I just got Good set up on my Treo 755p but since I traded it in for the Mogul, it's bye bye work e-mail and I'd love to get that back.

Sprintdaddy 06-27-2007 09:32 AM

Is exchange ActiveSync out of the question?

letsgoflyers81 06-27-2007 09:43 AM

Unfortunately, yes it is. I don't know if the Exchange servers don't have the necessary service pack or patch, or if there's a possible security risk, but I was told they won't due ActiveSync. I was told very specifically that the only two options are Blackberry and Good.

Paul_Hammons 06-27-2007 02:03 PM

It installs and seems to run ok. I am currently trying to convice a company I do some work for to activate it as a Blackberry on their BES. I will update you if they approve and I get it working.
-Paul Hammons

dmackdaddy 06-27-2007 02:25 PM

Good 5.0 won't be here till Sept. 2007.

There are no security risks using Active Sync with SSL enabled.

letsgoflyers81 06-27-2007 02:30 PM

I tried explaining that, but I'm not high up enough on the IT ladder in my company for my opinion to matter when it comes to this. Oh well, I'll deal with Blackberry Connect until Good 5.0 is released.

Nikkirox_1 07-03-2007 02:40 PM

Can someone explain these programs to me? I have a blackberry and I have the 6700 (will upgrade to Mogul in about 2-3 months) When I first got the 6700 I went to my IT department and asked them to set up my Outlook so that I could this device instead of my Blackberry they told me no go they no longer are doing that for employees. So what do these programs Good and Blackberry Connect do? I would love to just use one device instead of carrying around two devices.

jimmyz 07-06-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul_Hammons
It installs and seems to run ok. I am currently trying to convice a company I do some work for to activate it as a Blackberry on their BES. I will update you if they approve and I get it working.
-Paul Hammons

I have blackberry connect v4.0 installed on my ppc6800 but the service refuses to connect- I've heard that blackberry may be only allowing certain devices to connect and/or it won't work for CDMA devices- anyone else get it to work?

fiya 07-18-2007 05:11 PM

I'm trying to get this to work with my 700WX, and I'm part of the IT dept at my firm, I've been trying everything, nothing works...I think it is something with RIM not letting it work with CDMA devices. Gsm devices are working fine with a few reg edits, according to most posts over at the xda forums...

dawilliams660 08-04-2007 05:44 PM

How did you guys get this to install because it will not install on mine