PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Lurker

neach is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wm6?

just curious if the titan/6800 was released in the us w/ wm6...

i have the p4000, which is the canadian version, and it was released w/ wm5.

any experience updating with an xda rom on this device?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

flipside is a n00b
Yes it was released with WM6.

Rom updates are not available now from anyone, anywhere. If you use one of the currently available roms you will brick your phone.

HTC will probably be releasing a WM6 update for your phone within the next month or so.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Not sure about bricking your phone...

Basically, if you can get the rom file from sprint users that just installs the OS and use the tools over at xda-dev to flash it, you should be fine. Its the same phone, flashing the OS only isnt going to brick your phone. Worst case make sure you have your carriers default install to reflash to what they sent you and possibly the exitbootloader app. If I had the WM5 version I would have done it. Just have to find the rom file from a sprint user.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

neach is a n00b
figures that telus felt it was better to rush the handset to market, rather than wait 2 months and release it with wm6... hehe

well, if its only going to be a month or so for an update to (hopefully) be released, i'd rather wait for it.

now, in the meantime - does the htc touch homescreen, etc. which was ripped run on wm5? looks gorgeous, and has all the features i'm wishing my homescreen had... not to mention wa2 seems to bog it down a ton... *sigh*
Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I believe it only runs on WM6, but I'm not 100% sure.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 AM
N00b

stevland is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by neach
figures that telus felt it was better to rush the handset to market, rather than wait 2 months and release it with wm6... hehe

now, in the meantime - does the htc touch homescreen, etc. which was ripped run on wm5? looks gorgeous, and has all the features i'm wishing my homescreen had... not to mention wa2 seems to bog it down a ton... *sigh*
i'm with you, neach. got my p4000 and loving it. can't stop playing with it, actually. my gf is starting to seem concerned.

in my case, i needed a new phone and would not have been able to wait for telus if they'd held off to release it with wm6.

so i'm happy to have wm5. and from what i've seen and read, i don't think there is too much about wm6 to get excited about, except for a few minor features and a nicer vista-like gui. i could be wrong about that, having never used wm6, and i'm sure someone will happily point out what we're missing.

having said all of that, i'm a hopeless tweaker. and if telus doesn't release an update to wm6, i'll probably end up bricking my phone while attempting to upgrade it myself.

fyi i installed the new htc touch dialpad and comm manager tonight. i haven't tried the htc touch home screen, and i'm happily using wa2 and wisbar desktop. but it thought i would let you know that they both appear to be stable on the p4000 and i wouldn't hesitate to install the home screen (after running sbp backup, of course).

have you figured out how to replace the htc / telus / wm5 splash screens? i'm thinking that it would require unlocking the extended rom, no?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan