PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowthatisrandom
i cant do that but i did write a nifty little script that does just that using a the hard button of ur choice you can find it

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/wows-vibrate...ler-t5954.html
So how exactly does this work? The Treo's switch would mute everything and enable the vibrator on its own without needing to click or tap anything else. Going by the description and screenshots of your app it looks like the button would launch the app and then you choose the profile. Did I just read that incorrectly? Even if it's a button and not the Wifi switch, I'd love to just press a button to mute everything and enable the vibrator, and then press that button again to turn the sound back on.
AE button will work but it is NOT free.... my app on the other hand is free
thats exactly what it does what you want.. i have written 2 scripts included in that file... the first called vibrate does EXACTLY what the treo switch did, tap it once it mutes all sounds and sets the phone to vibrate mode, push it again and it returns all sounds.

the picture you saw is the second app called vibrate with options, this one allows you to do more it allows you to select different profiles

i guess i should make that more clear in my other post.
I just installed Mortscript and your app and it works as advertised. Thank you, this is awesome. I guess the only thing I would add is to have the volume icon in the Taskbar change to show when it's in vibrate mode like it does if you manually set it. Since you have to map to a button and not a switch, it would be nice to have a visual queue as to whether the ringer is on or off.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths
I know its not the same thing, but you can use AE Button Plus (awesome app) to assign this to most of the special function hard buttons on your 6800. For example, I have my comm manager button (one under power) to launch the comm manager on a single click. I have it set to toggle the sound/vibrate mode if I press and hold it.

I checked and AE Button plus will not remap the wifi slider, so you would need to choose another button like I did.

http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus_t.html
This is a nice app. How do you assign the Comm Manager to a button? When I select to launch an app, it's not in the list. I can't find it when I browse for it either.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:11 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
The comm manager is at \Windows\CommManager.exe on mine. I did install the upgraded Comm Manager from the HTC Touch, but I would think the filename & location would be the same for the original.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

This is weird. If the Mogul is connected to my computer, I can browse to \Windows and see CommManager.exe. However if I browse on the Mogul itself, I can't see it.

I guess I can try installing the Touch Comm Manager. I remember seeing a thread somewhere with a handful of apps ported over from the Touch. Any idea where that was? I can't find it, I'm not even sure which forum that was on.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Nevermind, I found the thread I was looking for. Once I installed the Touch's Comm Manager I was able to find the exe in the Windows directory.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:18 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
The original was probably hidden, which is why you could see it through your PC and not your file browser. Resco Explorer has an option to show hidden files.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Even if Resco could see it, that doesn't mean AE Button Plus would be able to see it. But it doesn't matter, the Touch's Comm Manager is visible so it's all good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan