PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 04:59 AM
N00b

TheNegotiator is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Serious Mogul Alarm Issue / Bug...Please Help

Sup people..
Ok so today i was trying to set a new alarm tone and i did a test run to see how loud it would be. Time came and phone alarm did not ring. So im wondering to my self what the HECK...i press the power button and guess what an alarm that was supposed to ring 5 mins earlier started to ring...and im like wat the heck is goin on. So i try it again and same results. I set another alarm but this time i make sure that the the phone does not go to sleep (screen turn off) and the alarm rings with not problem...so now im really confused. I try it again and it works with no problem. i set alarm again and allow phone to sleep and once again phone alarm does not ring. So i UNPLUG charger and set another alarm and press the power button so that phones goes to sleep and guess what when the alarm time came the phone woke up (screen turned back on) and the alarm rang fine. I tried this again and got the same results. I put the charger back in set an alarm and let the phone go to sleep and once again no alarm until i manually push the power button to wake up phone and then alarm rang. WOW.

What does this mean in real terms:
Ok so you gotta be at work at 8:00am and you set 3 alarms 6:15am...6:30am and 6:45am...put your phone to charge for the night...and then end up waking up at 10am..lol...cause you MOGUL SMART PHONE "forgot" to ring cause it was sleeping...lol

Can others please check this out to see if this is a bug or just a defective unit that i have, cause then i will be Sending this phone right back to sprint and demand a replacement. This is a BIG issue to me..completely ridiculous. I mean i can understand that some phones wont vibrate while on the charger but not being able to wake up to execute an alarm is just out right stupid.
And if this is in fact a bug that everyone or majority are experiencing...then can some please help in figuring out how to fix this problem.Thanks
Old 06-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
It's a bug. The only thing that you can do is lock the phone (with screen off) instead of using the power button. You can search for the program to add that allows locking. I mapped the lock function to the camera button and can now ActiveSync, listen to music, get alarms, etc when the phone is off.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: kaiser
Carrier: at+t

e-dub is a n00b
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/gs-alarm-ena...ght,alarm.html

that first one works wonderfully, screen off and everything on my 6700.

eric b
Old 06-25-2007, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

gameboy213 is a n00b
Same thing is happening here with Alarms.... Extremely frustrating. If I remember correctly my Ipaq had this issue YEARS AGO..... comon MSFT. There has to be a fix for this, I hope.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-dub
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/gs-alarm-enalarmppc-2-great-alarm-clocks-updated-t231,highlight,alarm.html

eric b
Can I set more than one alarm on GSAlarmClock ? Like OP - I set multiple alarms in the morning so that if I miss / turn-off the firts one, later ones will wake me up.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

machtenx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to machtenx
my device does the same thing. and they call it a "SMART" phone.... marketing gimmicks! I smell a class action... jk
Old 06-25-2007, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
mine did this too. and to top it off, when i turned it on, it detected my BT headset and automatically redialed the last number i had dialed. It locked up and wouldn't let me disconnect the call either so i had to soft reset the phone.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:14 AM
Lurker

bit_bucket is a n00b
Mine did this and has been doing this also. Who can we talk to, to get this serious bug fixed? For me this a deal breaker, I can have this device missing alarms and potentially appointments.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spc

94tbird is a n00b
personally i wouldn't be relying on a phone to wake me up for work in the morning. target sells clock radio alarms for $5 bucks haha. but i do feel your pain. it SHOULD work. but hey when does ANYTHING Microsoft releases just WORK? hardly ever haha
Old 06-26-2007, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: kaiser
Carrier: at+t

e-dub is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by k000
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-dub
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/gs-alarm-enalarmppc-2-great-alarm-clocks-updated-t231,highlight,alarm.html

eric b
Can I set more than one alarm on GSAlarmClock ? Like OP - I set multiple alarms in the morning so that if I miss / turn-off the firts one, later ones will wake me up.
no, but you can make it ring more than once. check out the program, it's tiny, and if you aren't into it, you can get rid of it. i've been using that app for over nine months and only ONCE did it not ring, but i'm willing to bet that was my fault (not setting it).

eric b

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan