PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Carrier: Sprint

ScandaLex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Mogul or Titan?

I'm a bit confused. Is the 6800 called the Mogul or Titan I keep seeing it called Mogul, which makes me wonder why it's in a Titan forum.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
It was designated the Titan by HTC(as far as I am aware). It was always assumed that it would be named by Sprint as the 6800. However, Sprint chose to name it the Mogul instead.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 06-21-2007, 08:03 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
these were my thoughts also....what do you all think would make a better section title or leave it as it is?
~Mike

Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
From what I gathered HTC named it Titan (there are references to it on the OS) and Sprint branded it Mogul. I am sure Verizon will give it another name...

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Yes, remember that the p4000 from Telus is still a Titan as well. And, who knows what Verizon will name it. Perhaps listing all the possible names in a neat fashion in the forum description will help a little. I think people will get it regardless as time passes.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
How about the Tigul XV68P4? I think that covers all our bases.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
these were my thoughts also....what do you all think would make a better section title or leave it as it is?
~Mike
Since it will never be referred to as the Titan again, I would vote to rename this section to Mogul, just to avoid confusion when newbies arrive.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime
Quote:
~Mike
Since it will never be referred to as the Titan again, I would vote to rename this section to Mogul, just to avoid confusion when newbies arrive.
I don't agree with this as Verizon will most definetly not call it the Mogul. Unless the desire is there to split the forums between Phone companies. I think it should remain the Titan forum with maybe the seperate names attached.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Threadstarter

ScandaLex is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime
Quote:
~Mike
I don't agree with this as Verizon will most definetly not call it the Mogul. Unless the desire is there to split the forums between Phone companies. I think it should remain the Titan forum with maybe the seperate names attached.
Thanks for the replies. Well, since its been branded Titan by HTC, I think it should remain in this forum with subsections for each model; e.g Mogul...etc, etc.

This way people can ask questions in the appropriate subsection based on the model they have.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Look at it this way...

The Apache forum works very well for the PPC6700, the XV6700, and whatever name Alltel and other companies gave it...

I think it should remain Titan.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan