PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Voicemail Notification Bug from WM5 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5326)

colonel 06-24-2007 10:00 PM

Voicemail Notification Bug from WM5

I have not seen any confirmation on this yet. As most will remember, in WM5, if you had a voicemail, you could not dismiss it. It would always take over the left soft key's notification until the voicemail was deleted. This was supposed to be fixed in WM6. Just looking for confirmation of this.

garov55 06-24-2007 11:06 PM

yep its fixed.........

Shaska 06-25-2007 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garov55
yep its fixed.........

One more reason added to the list. I need to get a 6800 and FAST! :P

I never thought it was a bug though, Just a REALLY BAD IDEA on microsoft's part... Kinda like how every vista computer's power off button by default puts computers to sleep... (Again, Bad Idea Microsoft, but at least there is a setting to change the power button issues in vista) Too bad we dont have an option to change the voicemail popups behavior.

chiromikey 06-25-2007 09:12 PM

it's still not fixed completely. it still only reads "1" instead of the actual number of voicemails and once you dismiss it the top taskbar icon remains but becomes inactive...meaning you can't later tap it to retreive the onscreen message to check voicemail but now have to go into the phone app and dial voicemail.

seriously, how difficult is it to tell me when i have more than "1" voicemail??? that feature has only been out...oh for about a decade now???

Pibe38 06-25-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiromikey
...seriously, how difficult is it to tell me when i have more than "1" voicemail??? that feature has only been out...oh for about a decade now???

Actually, from what I have read, that's how Sprint works. The developers of the OS and 3rd party apps are not fault as this will happen with other apps like PhoneAlarm.

It seems that Sprint lets the phone know there are new voicemails, but it does no provide the number of new ones.

chiromikey 06-27-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiromikey
...seriously, how difficult is it to tell me when i have more than "1" voicemail??? that feature has only been out...oh for about a decade now???

Actually, from what I have read, that's how Sprint works. The developers of the OS and 3rd party apps are not fault as this will happen with other apps like PhoneAlarm.

It seems that Sprint lets the phone know there are new voicemails, but it does no provide the number of new ones.

maybe you're right but i could have sworn my old basic sanyo phone used to tell me how many voicemails i had waiting for me. that was a few years ago so i could easily be wrong.