PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Lurker

xavieryz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
thining of buying a used 6800 are there alot of problems?

I have read some mixed reviews on this ppc and I am wondering if its a risk purchasing a used 6800 for 125 cdn. I use to have a motorola Q and liked the Windows mobile.

If I go ahead with the purchase and it turns out to be buggy are there hacks that can improve the operation of this device or are the problems associated with this phone hardware.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: thining of buying a used 6800 are there alot of problems?

The 6800 is a good device. The only major drawback for me was it's lack of RAM. That being said, I used one for over a year and there are many hacks/upgrades you can do to optimize performance. It will blow your Moto Q out of the water.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:22 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Pretty much only problems is it gets very hot and a horiblle lack of RAM. But yes it for sure will blow your Q out of the water. PPC's are much more hackable than smartphones.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800

DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor

Another issue that comes up occasionally is a bright spot on the LCD caused possibly by overheating hardware. On my unit, which I bought used, there is a tiny smudge like white spot. It's not noticable unless the entire rest of the screen is white but for people who are obsessive over these kinds of things it can be an issue.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

devinc is keeping up the good workdevinc is keeping up the good work

I used a 6800 for about a year and loved it. If it had more RAM I would still use it (I use an Omnia now). It has the best hard button configuration I have ever seen and the keyboard is a joy. In fact, I am giving my used 6800 to my dad.

Devin
Old 01-14-2009, 04:11 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

the titan is an awesome device!!! trust me its the best i have owned so far (still waiting on my pro upgrade) and i agree the lack of ram is the only issue on this device. but flash to nuerom or dcd 3.3.4 and you love it more and more
Old 01-14-2009, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I love my 68 and have no issues with it what-so-ever. Its a great device and can do all kinds of things with it. I watch movies and listen to music. I can surf and remote access/control my PCs at home and vice versus. There are a ton of apps you can use for just about anything you wanna do. You cant overclock it but thats ok i guess. It could use more RAM to manage apps better but does fine as it is. IMO its a good solid device and overall I love mine.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

xavieryz is a n00b

is the ringer loud on this phone, it would be used for business and would need to be able to hear it if it wasn't right beside me
Old 01-15-2009, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Mine is too loud sometimes but then again I make my own ringtones and amplify them as well.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Always ask the seller about white spots, keyboard problems, the service provider (some models can't be connected to different providers) and the the physical condition. If there are alot of scratches and dings, then you know the device has had a rough life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan