PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 WM6.1
Carrier: verizon

tmanner is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replacement phone

I am going to be taking my phone to the verizon store because the camera button doesnt work on the side. I remapped the button in settings to the voice dial button but the camera button doesnt work for any application. My question is this. I am running the stock MR1 upgrade, but i have unlocked GPS. Will this be a problem with them replacing my phone, or should I uninstall the GPS hack? thanks.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Replacement phone

I do not feel you will have any issues. For one, I doubt they will either notice you have the GPS unlocked unless you have something like I do on my Today screen when is the GPS Toggle. Even if you have a GPS icon you would easily say it is for your Garmin maps that are on one of your cards. And lastly, GPS has nothing to do with button hardware failure for your cam so you should be good.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great thanks a lot I do have the GPS toggle I will just remove it I have the CAB for it anyways. Really appreciate the help everyone here is so nice its amazing.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:16 PM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanner View Post
great thanks a lot I do have the GPS toggle I will just remove it I have the CAB for it anyways. Really appreciate the help everyone here is so nice its amazing.

NP, just let us know if they fix it or give you another 68 or a TP or what happens.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i hope they give me a 6800!!! i dont want a TP i love my 6800, but ill let you know
Old 01-15-2009, 02:35 PM
VIP Member

If they give you a TP then just PM me and I will trade you for it. It isnt worth paying for the upgrade and locking in another contract but a free upgrade is a good upgrade.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

sounds ok to me, im going after work today so I will let you know man.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv 6800

ggaeta is becoming a great contributor

If they give u the dreaded tp. I guess ican give up my NEW - never been open 6800 - as a trade. that is how kind I am. i am such a giver.. ;P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan