PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Lurker

muncjim is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
One handed contacts look-up/dialing possible?

Coming off a Treo and looking for any hints, apps, techniques, etc. that will allow one-handed dialing. Or is this just not possible on the 6800 without using the touchscreen and/or keypad?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:37 AM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
You can do one-handed dialing with the touchscreen. Just hit the green phone button, and use the keypad to spell out the contact's name... you should see it pop up.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-25-2007, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

nmeister is a n00b
I think you might struggle to find anything that doesnt at least use the touchscreen. The only thing I can think of is voice command, which is a great program.

As for one handed dialing using the screen, there is inesoft address book and the spb mobile shell program that have their own big button versions of a contact search that is similar to smartDial. If you are worried about looking at the screen while you are dialing, you can also change the sound of each keypress to actually say the number you just dialed. You can also look at the picture dial programs if there are a few numbers you want accessible with just one screen press.

This all goes for the 6700 (I dont have a 6800), but I am assuming it all still applies.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
If I remember correctly Mal found a program for one handed dialing when the 6700 came out. It used the d-pad, and looked like the Treo dial pad. I would link to it but I am on my 6800, and need to clock in for work.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 06-25-2007, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
What I do, and i think it works quite well, is reassign my Comm Manager button to bring up my Contacts, then use the scroll wheel to go through them and the scroll wheel button to call. One handed calling. Probably not for everyone, but it works for me.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I think I misunderstood the question...

I think I'm gonna try cohowap's method though, pretty ingenious!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:17 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
i set up a my speed dials for the 10 or 12 people i call the most, use my phone pad to access those quickly, for the rest i use the scroll wheel as well
Old 06-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Lurker

spinedoc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmeister
and the spb mobile shell program that have their own big button versions of a contact search that is similar to smartDial.
I have mobile shell and cannot see any option for contacts, my setup with mobile shell uses the same old stock contacts program. Is there a setting I am missing?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:30 PM
The Enforcer

I think he means the Photo Dialer that Spb Mobile Shell has, similar to the one Treo's have.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:32 PM
N00b

thedam is a n00b
Good one handed program

I use icontact. It is a great program that replicates the finger scrolling of the iphone. I mapped it to my comm mgr button as well and it is a breeze. You can get it here:

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...tact-v0-2.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan