PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Explain Slide2Unlock (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5313)

iammike 06-24-2007 03:54 PM

Explain Slide2Unlock

I've done a search and found some info on Slide2Unlock but I've yet to find a good description of just exactly how it works.

My initial impression was that it unlocked the phone when you slid the keyboard out and relocked it when you closed it but what I've read has made me doubt that's how it works.

I've also seen some complaints about the memory usage of it....is it bad?

draghn 06-24-2007 04:27 PM

The most common description I've seen is this:

"Slide 2 UnLock is a simple lock/unlock application which has the iPhone style slide unlocking. It can be used as a screensaver while you don't use your device."

In my words:

Slide 2 Unlock Makes your phone act as the iPhone's act when they are locked. Instead of tapping the bottom left "unlock" button and then tapping another "unlock" button to unlock your phone, Slide 2 Unlock makes it so that you slide your finger (or stylus) along the path shown on the screen from left to right to unlock the phone. It has its own background and way of showing the clock etc. You can customize the background and fonts that it shows while the phone is locked as well--the default images are made to look exactly like what we've seen from the iPhone.

Lifehacker (the website) shows a way of making a Windows Mobile phone function like the iPhone; they have a video which shows the slide 2 unlock feature so you can see exactly what it does. I can't post the link here for you yet.

iammike 06-24-2007 04:45 PM

Thanks, found the video, I understand now. :)

viperboy 06-24-2007 05:53 PM

when i get a text, it bypasses the program and the notification window pops up and the phone is then unlocked. any way to fix that?

rycelover 06-24-2007 06:25 PM

I also discovered that if the phone is in the locked position, you can easily bypass this and unlock the phone by opening up the keyboard - the screen will change into landscape and the phone will unlock itself. Weird.

viperboy 06-24-2007 06:27 PM

not for mine. when i press the power button and my screen goes off and i slide open the phone, it doesnt do anything. i think you might have to change something in the registry. check out this thread. post #2 has the info about the registry.

draghn 06-24-2007 07:22 PM

Thanks for linking that thread viperboy.

I was getting the same functionality when sliding out my keyboard.

One of the known issues according to post #2 in the link provided by viperboy states:

"4. If your device has slide-out keyboard, SLIDE will quit automatically when the keyboard is slided."

I assumed that it wasn't fixable without editing the code, but if it is, I'd like to know.

viperboy 06-24-2007 07:24 PM

well, the reason this never happened to me was cause i never tried to do that lol and once i tried, i had that problem. i dont know how to fix that, but i'll post there and ask. hopefully, there is a fix for that.

hippity.hoppity 06-24-2007 09:16 PM

I like that opening the slide unlocks the screen. Much easier for texting. Same goes for the new text notification coming up on the screen, though the phone stays locked correctly.

Mr. PPC 09-17-2007 01:39 PM

does anyone know how to set the time on the unlock screen. Mine only shows military time. (12:00 13:00...) any suggs?