PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife
keyboard backlight

has anyone had an issue with their mogul/titan/xv6800/ppc6800, in which the keyboard backlight wont work anymore? this started to go out before my ranch incident, and it makes me mad cause the whole point of having the keyboard is to see it in dark or dim light am i right? and the fact that im reduced to using a on screen keyboard is driving me crazy. any ideas???

~chevy
Radio: 3.42.50
Old 01-14-2009, 10:18 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: keyboard backlight

Which ROM are you on currently? You may want to relock and flash a stock ROM and take her in.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

I dont have this issue nor have I read where anyone else has had this issue either. I am sure you have made sute the setting for the backlight is set right? And I assume you have turned it off and saved your settings and when back to turn it on to try to re-establish the settings, right? Other than that IDK anything else without telling you to try to use SPB Backup or Clone to create a backup image and do a hard reset to check and see if it is software related (solved by the hard reset) or a hardware issue (if its still there after the hard reset).
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyforlife View Post
has anyone had an issue with their mogul/titan/xv6800/ppc6800, in which the keyboard backlight wont work anymore? this started to go out before my ranch incident, and it makes me mad cause the whole point of having the keyboard is to see it in dark or dim light am i right? and the fact that im reduced to using a on screen keyboard is driving me crazy. any ideas???

~chevy
I'm not sure if this will help.

Try going to settings/personal/buttons/backlight and un-checking the keyboard backlight auto sensor [strange place to put this setting]. This will cause the keyboard backlight to come on every time you open the keyboard regardless of the abmient light.

If the backlight auto sensor has gone bad this should eliminate the problem.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
I'm not sure if this will help.

Try going to settings/personal/buttons/backlight and un-checking the keyboard backlight auto sensor [strange place to put this setting]. This will cause the keyboard backlight to come on every time you open the keyboard regardless of the abmient light.

If the backlight auto sensor has gone bad this should eliminate the problem.
You might wanna read the entire thread and not just the first post. Im not trying to be rude but I mentioned this in the 3rd post. Believe me when I say Chevy knows where the sensor setting is at.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
You might wanna read the entire thread and not just the first post. Im not trying to be rude but I mentioned this in the 3rd post. Believe me when I say Chevy knows where the sensor setting is at.
In the process of looking for the settings for the keyboard backlight the 2nd & 3rd posts were done before I posted mine. Since I did not refresh the IE page before I submitted my post [look at the time stamps, 10 min.] the 2nd & 3rd posts was made. So I did not see the 2nd & 3rd posts.

Chevy made no mention of trying/knowing the keyboard backlight setting.

Excuse me for trying to help. I won't make that mistake again.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:45 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
In the process of looking for the settings for the keyboard backlight the 2nd & 3rd posts were done before I posted mine. Since I did not refresh the IE page before I submitted my post [look at the time stamps, 10 min.] the 2nd & 3rd posts was made. So I did not see the 2nd & 3rd posts.

Chevy made no mention of trying/knowing the keyboard backlight setting.

Excuse me for trying to help. I won't make that mistake again.
Youre cool bro and I know exactly what you mean by in the process of posting someone elses posts before you do. Ive been there and done that.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: verizon

hogan is just getting started

I once saw this (either with a 6700 or a 6800) where the backlight settings somehow/mysteriously got set all the way down. Holding the phone up to a bright light allows you to see that there is an image on the screen. If this is the case, you might simply need to jack-up the backlight setting. However, based on weedahoe's posts, it sounds like you may have already seen to this.

Last edited by hogan; 01-14-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:53 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan View Post
I once saw this (either with a 6700 or a 6800) where the backlight settings somehow/mysteriously got set all the way down. Holding the phone up to a bright light allows you to see that there is an image on the screen. If this is the case, you might simply need to jack-up the backlight setting. However, based on weedahoe's posts, it sounds like you may have already seen to this.
Youre close but he isnt talking about the backlight on the screen but instead the backlight on the keyboard. Nice try though. And yes you are right about both the 67 and 68 having adjustable brightness on the LCD backlights.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

yeh the sensor is shot. mr.obvious im using the new 6.1 from alltel and am prolly gunna get her relocked. wat relocker do I need to use? and with the whole fiasco that is the mogul backorder what phone am I likely to get? and I will not take a refurb I paied cash for my mogul and I won't settle for a refurb. anyone know what they are replacing the mogul with at alltel? and thanks for everyones help and concern. I think its just time to retire the old gal, her vibrate feature is getting weak and she creaks a lot lol.

~chevy

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan