PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question SMS activated GPS tracking software?

Trackme has the ability to respond via email or SMS to a predetermined address if someone sends an SMS to your phone with a predetermined string. However.. the memory footprint of Trackme is rather large.. or not small. Does anyone know of any GPS software that all it does is be an autoresponder with your tracking info or google maps link when someone sends you an SMS (txt message) with a certain phrase or code? I have been traveling far for certain jobs I've been on and my wife is worrying about me making it home, some of the roads are kinda bad. I am wanting to install software on my phone that will automatically reply to her with my location without it taking up a lot of RAM. I did a search here, but did not find the software I was looking for. I did look in the GPS thread as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:13 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: SMS activated GPS tracking software?

Sprite terminator is very light and almost invisible...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

remote tracker at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=394203
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Another alt is Navizon. It is NOT light, however it has a tracking feature and locate by sms is coming soon!

If you travel to diferent places, you could make a bit of coin just for using it!

It's in my sig, but I'm posting from my 6800 so no sig, be right back w/ a link...

Here 'tis...

http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAdmin/register.aspx?referral_code=5E5D5D5F

Last edited by nuguy; 09-17-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

And yet another is WIMP
http://www.wimp-software.co.uk/
It's the one I've used, I'll give the others a try at somepoint and write a comparison if no one else does.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Talking Re: SMS activated GPS tracking software?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnutt View Post

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is EXACTLY what I needed! Would be nice if it could txt or email a google maps link but still this software is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for posting this! Great software AND it's free!!!!!!!!!!! simply AMAZING!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>
Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Peter dog:
I can confirm that Sprite terminator sends you a link with coordinate back that you just hit, and it takes you to location in google.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: VZW

Seriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSeriously is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Sprite terminator is very light and almost invisible...
I dont think people really understand what Sprite Terminator really does. It seems to me that it would really be usefull for Peter.

Anyway, here is a link of a review. It does indeed send link as you asked for Peter.

http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sof...erminator.html

Seriously

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-18-2008, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
I dont think people really understand what Sprite Terminator really does. It seems to me that it would really be usefull for Peter.

Anyway, here is a link of a review. It does indeed send link as you asked for Peter.

http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sof...erminator.html

Seriously

Thanks. only 2 star rating and the guy at the bottom of the article had to end up hard resetting his device.. hmm... besides, remote tracker is free and I tried copying and pasting the co-ordinates into googlemaps and even manually hand typing them in and it worked great! We only need this in case of an emergency anyhow so RT should be just fine

Thanks again!!!!!!!!=D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan