PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   LED WOES (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5288)

ipodboss 06-23-2007 05:53 PM

LED WOES

Would like to change the LED activity on the 6800.

Ultimately I would like to get rid of the green flashing LED light for network status and only have it solid red if out of network or no LED at all for network status.

Then, if a voicemail, text, or other event comes in over the network, I would like an LED to be solidly lit. Orange or Green would be fine. I guess Orange would be the most intuitive.

Also it takes a while for my screen orientation to recover when slide is opened or closed. I am using both HTC home plugin and Slide.exe(iPhone screensaver). So I think there would be a way to speed up processor and/or a lot more memory to those apps?

gameboy213 06-23-2007 06:04 PM

good luck with that... the LED color is pretty much never changable... I wish it was as well. And none of the gurus have ever said it is possible to change them on any phone running ppc.
As far as the delay in switching the screen, check your available memory.... and you probably do have some hogs on there.... free up space and see if it is better.

Pibe38 06-23-2007 06:09 PM

Well the right LED is already green and red (orange-ish), the only thing left is to discover how to manipulate it. If it can be done, one of the gurus will find out.

As it is, MortScript has allowed of development on areas like this... look up Treo Alerts for the Treo 700wx for an example of what MortScript can do.

stroths 06-23-2007 06:17 PM

On the WM Treos, the gurus over at TreoCentral came up with a way to control the LED colors and how they flashed. The Treo has orange, red and green which they can now control. They used this to create a program called Treo Alert which I used on my Treo. I tried it on the 6800, but it did not change the colors of the LED...only flashed orange. Something would have to be customized to work on this phone.

If they can do it on that PPC, then its technically possible to do on this phone. Whether or not someone will figure it out is yet to be seen.

EDIT: Pibe38 beat me to it :P

colonel 06-23-2007 06:28 PM

Yes and no. The big difference here is the actual hardware. Yes is sound logical that it should be controllable, but we will have to see. Mainly, yes the PPC and Treo are running WM, but the LEDs are hardware specific.

gameboy213 06-23-2007 06:40 PM

I remember no one being able to do it on the 6600 or 6700..... I wish they could. I would love Red for alerts instead of orange.

ipodboss 06-23-2007 09:04 PM

I figured it was hardware specific as the OS locates a specific “IRQ” of sorts I would imagine where physically each hardware LED resides.
I think this would be a real nice convenience for a lot of people especially if in loud environments, for the hearing impaired, and for people that “creep” and only have their phone on vibrate ;)

asksmity 06-24-2007 04:22 PM

OK...

Good News: so with a little reg tinkering i figured out how to turn off that annoying green blinking light.

Bad news: from what i see it disables all LED activity.

HKLM>Drivers>BuiltIn>AllLEDMgr> Change Index from 1 to 0

I take it from the fact that its called "all" that it disables the led driver.

Hope this helps a little in the progress

stroths 06-24-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asksmity
OK...

Good News: so with a little reg tinkering i figured out how to turn off that annoying green blinking light.

Bad news: from what i see it disables all LED activity.

HKLM>Drivers>BuiltIn>AllLEDMgr> Change Index from 1 to 0

I take it from the fact that its called "all" that it disables the led driver.

Hope this helps a little in the progress

That hack also disables the vibration as the LED and vibration function are linked.

colonel 06-24-2007 04:26 PM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=295729

check that out. there is an app on the second or third page. worth a shot