PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New predictive text in WM6

I am surprised that noone is really talking about the new predictive text in WM6. Maybe it is not there. I had WM6 running on a Wizard for a while and thought that it was really a great addition. Not only does it suggest words, but it suggests small phrases. It can also learn and change dynamically depending on user input.

Any comments from Mogul users?

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 06-23-2007, 12:50 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I'm happy that I get more than only 1 option for words whe typing, that was one of my griefs on the 700wx.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38
I'm happy that I get more than only 1 option for words whe typing, that was one of my griefs on the 700wx.
more than 1 option?

You mean word choices? Because you can set all of that under
Settings --> Input --> Word completion

You can up to 4 and with a reg trick, make it up to 6, which is what I use. You can also choose number of letters to type before the suggestion. Unless you meant something different?
Old 06-23-2007, 08:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: **
Carrier: **

isosdcftp is just getting started
It slowed my typing down too much. I eventually disabled it because it would delay the time the keys appeared on the screen.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: New predictive text in WM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
I am surprised that noone is really talking about the new predictive text in WM6. Maybe it is not there. I had WM6 running on a Wizard for a while and thought that it was really a great addition. Not only does it suggest words, but it suggests small phrases. It can also learn and change dynamically depending on user input.

Any comments from Mogul users?
I don't see the recommended phrases you are referring too, and the predictive words were on the 6700 also, so I don't really see anything new here.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

starfury1 is a n00b
I have seen it too, colonel... not on all my texts but a few of them, its as if it sees something i have written similar in the past and tries to guess im going to do the same reply... kind of cool...
Old 06-24-2007, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
I haven't seen this yet. Does WM6 'learn' the phrases you use and show them later or is it an option that needs to be enabled?

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan