\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   AHHH help :( can't connect to vision (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5277)

machtenx 06-23-2007 11:06 AM

AHHH help :( can't connect to vision

called tech support and went through all their steps.

it keeps saying incorrect user name and password when it's connecting to provisioning. After calling in like 4 times and getting told to do the same exact steps finally they created a ticket for "engineers to research". So frustrating.

Please tell me someone else is having this issue and resolved it???

With this and the memory problems people are talking about I'm scared to keep this thing :(

thedocrn 06-23-2007 12:47 PM

Mine is doing the exact same thing...I haven't been able to connect to vision since activation Wednesday night. I get error code 67 and sometimes 1012 - incorrect un and pass. When I go to device info I see the wrong username is listed. I changed the username by dialing ##3282#, but it didn't show the change in device info.

Did you do a esn swap? I ordered this on a new line for my family plan and swapped it over to the # I was using with my 6700. I also have a trouble ticket started. This really sucks...

machtenx 06-23-2007 03:36 PM

yup I get the same error codes. sprint techs couldn't do anything. someone on sprintusers said it passed after 24 hrs but if urs hasn't then this isn't cool :( it doesn't seem that widespread I wonder if we should just exchange ours. I'm not going to wait forever on this.....ugh

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedocrn
Mine is doing the exact same thing...I haven't been able to connect to vision since activation Wednesday night. I get error code 67 and sometimes 1012 - incorrect un and pass. When I go to device info I see the wrong username is listed. I changed the username by dialing ##3282#, but it didn't show the change in device info.

Did you do a esn swap? I ordered this on a new line for my family plan and swapped it over to the # I was using with my 6700. I also have a trouble ticket started. This really sucks...

monkizzle 06-23-2007 03:55 PM

I had the same problem too, I just got my 6800 Friday afternoon. was on phone with sprint from 4pm to 1am on and off then he told me he think its a network issue because a couple of his coworkers started getting the error. then when i woke up it started working.

Did the techs get you guys to restore when you go to ##DATA# then edit?

machtenx 06-23-2007 04:05 PM

no we didn't do that code u mentioned but they used another one and did a restore... didn't work either

Jafar 06-23-2007 06:45 PM

Most likely the problem is when you activated your phone, the CS agent told you to punch in the same number for your MSID and MDN. If you've been a sprint customer for a while, or ported your number from another company, your MSID and MDN numbers should differ.

When I was activating my phone, the CS wouldn't listen to me and insisted I punch in the same numbers for both those entires, and sure enough I couldn't get Internet services but could dial out.

I got my MSL number, did ##MSL#, put my phone number in the MDN entry and my unique MSID in the MSID section. Presto it worked.

promatchrcr 06-23-2007 06:50 PM

Ok, if this is a dumb question please excuse me but I have data connection (my phone is syncing with our exchange server,I can use explorer,etc but if I go into the phone and go to services and click "internet" (IOTA-please tell me what the heck it stands for) to provision it gives me the 67 and 1012 error codes. I assume I am in the same boat as you guys. I don't have a lot of faith in Sprint tech support since every time I call they aren't any help so I figured I would ask here if I am missing some services I should be getting.

XIII 06-23-2007 11:54 PM

I do not know if this would help or not... In my case I went online and reset the vision password and it updated my phone and set my vision to work. Here was what I did
a) signed on to my account
b) go to account info
c) reset vision pwd (make sure your phone is one and has good signal)

as soon as I changed the password, the phone has the IOTA letter next to EV and took about 30 seconds then it just worked.

Try it and may be it will work for you.

promatchrcr 06-24-2007 09:02 PM

Well I tired it again it apparently went through since I got no errors. :? Everything appears to be working good. Slingplayer works great too on EVDO!!

machtenx 06-25-2007 10:16 AM

Still not working for me :cry: I tried reseting both my user name and password. No luck.

Jafar, what code do you have to put in to get to that screen? I wanna try that.

Thanks!