PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

azrael201 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Just bought a XV6800 off ebay but complications arose...

I posted this in the general forum but i guess i should've posted it here.

i just bought the xv6800 off ebay and naive old me thought it was brand new and the seller told me it was a $50 replacement and it still has a warranty card for 12 months since November.

Here are my problems. Asurion sends out only refurbished phones! I think I payed a lot for a refurbished phone, I'm thinking about asking the seller to give me a discount of at least $30 if not $50. Secondly I don't know how the warranty will transfer. My understanding was that Asurion was a subscription service not a one time thing. I'm just worried the warranty doesn't transfer with users. From what I've read in the past people have terrible experience with them so I would like to know if that's still the case.

What should I do? I am losing faith in the idea of getting reliable XV6800 for a fair price. Maybe I should just wait for a different phone and buy a temp phone to replace my broken phone for now.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:15 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Just bought a XV6800 off ebay but complications arose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael201 View Post
I posted this in the general forum but i guess i should've posted it here.

i just bought the xv6800 off ebay and naive old me thought it was brand new and the seller told me it was a $50 replacement and it still has a warranty card for 12 months since November.
You paid WAY too much for any 6800, period. Whether it is a replacement or not means nothing. Ive been watching 68s sell on ebay as I was thinking of selling mine and all the ones Ive been watching sold between 100-150. So how the hell did you manage to buy one for 227+shipping is beyond me.

Quote:
Here are my problems. Asurion sends out only refurbished phones! I think I payed a lot for a refurbished phone,
Asurions does not always send out refurbs as I got mine BNIB from Asurion. SO dont let that fool you.

Quote:
I'm thinking about asking the seller to give me a discount of at least $30 if not $50.
Good luck. You agreed to his terms of the auction and to me, there was no misleading. The phone you got is new.

Quote:
Secondly I don't know how the warranty will transfer. My understanding was that Asurion was a subscription service not a one time thing. I'm just worried the warranty doesn't transfer with users.
To my knowledge, is wont transfer to you. Sorry

Quote:
From what I've read in the past people have terrible experience with them so I would like to know if that's still the case.
Terrible experience with who? Asurion or the 6800s? Either way you need both right? I had several 6700s replaced and never had any issues. Again, my 6800 I got from Asurion was new and I havent had any issue with it either.

Quote:
What should I do? I am losing faith in the idea of getting reliable XV6800 for a fair price. Maybe I should just wait for a different phone and buy a temp phone to replace my broken phone for now.
Other than you just feeling bad about the auction and you jumping too fast and paying too much, I dont see where you said you actually have any issue with the device itself. So I am assuming it works fine and is cosmetically ok with you. So if you got a device that you wanted and works ok, I dont see the issue.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

i was willing to pay that much because i thought it was brand new. And i disagree with you on the price of a used 6800. I think it's obvious if there are many cosmetic marks in the auction picture than most likely no one would even bother paying more than $100. That is why most of the auctions except for the ebay stores have no pictures.

Thank you for the rest of your post it's helpful though blunt. I just wanted to know more about what the community felt about Asurion other than one thread i read on another board.

i will probably just ask for a discount on the phone...definitely not 130-150.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

anurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What indication is there the phone is not new? Did you go into the EPST to see if there is a refurb date or does the phone show obvious signs of usage? If he listed the phone as NEW(which he did), and it is not new, then you should ask him for a refund and or pursue a case with paypal.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

the seller says Asurion gave her a 12 month warranty card?

"It does come with a 12 month warranty card as I told you before so if there are any major problems they will simply replace it for you."
Old 01-11-2009, 03:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurbanlegend View Post
What indication is there the phone is not new? Did you go into the EPST to see if there is a refurb date or does the phone show obvious signs of usage? If he listed the phone as NEW(which he did), and it is not new, then you should ask him for a refund and or pursue a case with paypal.
What is the EPST? I called the ESN in and they can't tell if it's new or not. I can ask for the EPST. I think in the end I just want to know if that warranty will be valid for me.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

anurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regularanurbanlegend is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not sure about verizon, but try dialing ##778# and hit view. It will list some stuff, look for refurb date. If that doesn't work, look for epst.exe in your windows directory(on the phone), same thing. If anyone else has a verizon 6800 maybe than can help you more. And I have no clue if assurion warranty would transfer to you, sorry.

Last edited by anurbanlegend; 01-11-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Seconded. If the EPST screen indicates it is a refurb, the "New XV6800 for sale" is misleading.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:04 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Not all refurbed have that info posted in the EPST. I had a 6700 from Asurion that didnt have it. However, if the seller had some sticky keys on the KB (which we all know exist) and he called up Asurion and paid his 50 and got a new phone then it is new and here is why. No refurb comes with 12 months wrnty from Asurion. Refurbs only come with 14days wrnty. At least last time I read thier FAQs on thier website that is what they said. I just did a claim on my last 67 back during the summer and I remember reading that 7-14 day rule.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

sweet really? it's new but you said it would come in box? the seller does not mention box but i do see the manual is from asurion

so you are saying this 12 mo warranty is real and it will transfer with the phone regardless of user?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan