PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Just bought a XV6800 off ebay but complications arose...

Im not saying the wrnty will transfer if that Q was directed to me. IDK if it will but I DOUBT it will. Car wrntys dont transfer. If all refurbs from Asurion came with a 12 month deal then A LOT of would have upgrades by now.....
Old 01-12-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

well the seller hasn't emailed me back yet so i have no idea ...
Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

plagueboy is a n00b

You should mail him a letter within 30 days of the auction indicating that the item you received is non-conforming and you won't accept it as fulfillment of the contract. Offer to store the piece of crap he sent you by mistake for a reasonable time, and ask him to send you a new phone as described in the contract or negotiate something you can live with.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by plagueboy View Post
You should mail him a letter within 30 days of the auction indicating that the item you received is non-conforming and you won't accept it as fulfillment of the contract. Offer to store the piece of crap he sent you by mistake for a reasonable time, and ask him to send you a new phone as described in the contract or negotiate something you can live with.
Im sorry, whats non-conforming about it. Everything in the pic is wrapped in its own plastic. You can get any more new that that. And as far as Ive read, the OP doesnt even have any technical issues with the device. Its working just fine.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

on the contrary i don't even have the phone yet. the seller is MIA now as of two days. I'm contemplating filing a complaint with paypal now... i think the warranty card was too good to be true.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

well first check whether it's designated as refurb via the way that was told in the first few posts, if it is, you have your paypal claim. if not, well, you paid too much either way.

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/ele/990865384.html

not sure what city ur in, so i just went with a random city.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

thanks i'm just going to have to file a claim with this person. the person can probably read all this on the forum since i have the same handle as ebay

i just feel like on craigslist there's less security at least with ebay you have paypal disputes and such.

Last edited by azrael201; 01-13-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800

plagueboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Im sorry, whats non-conforming about it. Everything in the pic is wrapped in its own plastic. You can get any more new that that. And as far as Ive read, the OP doesnt even have any technical issues with the device. Its working just fine.
I'm confused. The OP said in his first post that he was naive to think that it was new. In his second post, he previously thought it was brand new (as if he no longer thinks this). Then he mentioned cosmetic marks? Now the OP is stating that he doesn't even have the phone yet?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

azrael201 is a n00b

i was disagreeing with someone and saying that the price could vary if there were cosmetic marks.

the phone i bought i have the link in the first post.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

If he still hasn't responded, you could give him a little longer. People sometimes take vacations (I hear..). I'm still not clear on what the final call is. Is this a refurb? Did it come to you with a retail box and all accessories? Or did it show up in the typical white refurb box?

As for online sales..
Personally, I'm not a fan of ebay and I certainly don't care to use paypal.

I bought a Touch Pro through craiglist in the Boston area recently too. Personally, I prefer to deal locally, and in person. In the case of a phone, fully inspect it and check all functions. Get the seller's info, including a photo of a drivers license or such (I did - used the new phone to do it as a test of the camera/mem card).
We activated the phone on the spot and added insurance. All went well.

If not, I can always call the guy and see if we can quickly resolve any probs. Failing that, cmall claims court - I have all the info needed to take that road if need be.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan