PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Compare the PPC 6700 phone to the Mogul.
The Mogul works better 15 78.95%
The PPC 6700 works better 1 5.26%
People piss me off so I never talk on the phone 3 15.79%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 07:49 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How much better is the phone app on the Mogul?

Now that you Mogul owners have had a few days with your new device I have a question for you so everyone can help me decide if I need to go get me a Mogul. I use my PPC 6700 as my business phone and it has all the great PDA functions that I need but the phone sucks, always locking up, having bluetooth connection problems, freezing between calls when my push mail tries to update causing me to need to soft reset. My question for those who have owned both is how does the phone app compare between the PPC 6700 and the Mogul. Comments please
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

B18DelSolT is keeping up the good workB18DelSolT is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to B18DelSolT Send a message via MSN to B18DelSolT Send a message via Yahoo to B18DelSolT
I believe to me it atleast works a lot better, Miss a lot less of calls, and haavt had any issues while on the net also, calls still come right through.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

promatchrcr is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to promatchrcr
I agree, the Mogul seems to work much better. It sounds better, has been more reliable (stable) and IMO runs much faster than the 6700 even though it has a slower processor.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
So far the volume and reception has been much better. The HTML email is awesome as well.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 06-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6600>6700>6800>TP1>Touch Pro2>Evo4g>Evo3D

XIII is a n00b
Compare to the 6700 clean ROM it seems to take more time reboot. Too much junks that need to be removed. Unable to use internet sharing unless signup with Sprint for the Modem plan. Hard to believe but it does not seem to be as solid built as the 6700. But overall the looks, the size, the battery life, and the memory increased made it a better phone. Once we can finetune the apps it will be a great phone.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:57 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Issues with the phone part of the 6800 vs. the 6700

BT doesn't work as well - you'll sound choppy to your callers (they sound OK on your end of the 6800)

VC 1.6 has a problem with the confirmation on WM6

There is a tad more static with the current BT stack than there was with AKU 3.5

I miss being able to go to call history and just highlight a call for history - now you have to click on it and go to a sub screen.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

garov55 is a n00b
so far so good ....................
BUT the apache was getting much better singnal than the 6800...............

other than that love the mogul
Old 06-24-2007, 01:44 PM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I think this varies from user to user as for me signal strength is stronger on 6800. had my 6700 and 6800 side by side and 6800 had more bars. only problem I have is that the speaker at full volume crackles occassionally.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan