PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

devicemanager is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Connect the 6800 to your car?

I am this | | close to buying an iPod touch to listen to music in the car. But I already have the greatest cell phone to man with an 8gb chip in it. If I put my music on the phone - is there an adapter that I can use to hook it to my car. I have a stock system right now and they must have some kind of head phone jack converter - no?
Old 01-10-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt
Re: Connect the 6800 to your car?

I use a Jabra BT3030 headphone adapter and just plug a cassette adapter (or direct into the aux in if you have it) into it. Works a treat and is good for hands free use too. The Jabra unit is a little pendant type thingy that you plug a set of headphones (or other 3.5mm stereo jack) into. I think it was $65 at the verizon store, I'm sure you can probably find it cheaper.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:53 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

If you don't have a tape deck or an aux in jack, you can install a FM modulator. My wife's car didn't have any type of aux in and she refused to replace it with an aftermarket.

I installed one that is completely hidden in the dash and injects its signal directly into the antenna port on the radio. There is a difference between an FM transmitter and one of these. I am no audiophile, but its sounds perfectly fine and as good as the radio stations.

Here is the one I got - LINK

Last edited by stroths; 01-10-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

ltrevino101 is a n00b

actually i dont know if its too much of a hassle, but i got a clarion bluetooth ready stereo deck. no cd, no fanciness, a simple sd card or a direct link to the windows media player. which works with such ease and such good quality.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

devicemanager is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the replys - I wasn't getting the email notifications. I like the idea of the fm modulator as I am using one right now for the S100 for SiriusXM. But I do want to replace the head unit this year with something special. Is there a way I can hook the phone directly to the radio. Sometimes those fm mod don't sound so good?

Any other ideas?
Old 01-11-2009, 02:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: ?

og style is a n00b

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet?
http://www.usbfever.com/index_eproduct_view.php?products_id=217
It is a fm transmiter that plugs into htc phones. It also has a built in microphone. The unit will mute the music so you can take call through the radio. hand free.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:20 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can get something from moguldepot.com for an Aux out.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I use the ProClip mount (expensive) for my car plus the Sony cassette connection. I have an older SUV [ML320 1998] with a cassette player. The Proclip charges the phone and also has an output for the cassette. I think the cassette audio is better than an FM connection, which I tried and you have to change frequencies as you drive around and it is basically scratchy. If you use headphone (BT) none of this is a problem, but I do not like to drive with headphones all the time.

I do have to agree that all this crummy set of ad hoc connections make the iPhone attractive if you have a car with an iPod attachment. I just cannot function (tether etc,) with an iPhone. Furthermore, with the latest WMP codecs I get extremely high quality sound from this set up and headphones... BT also very good followed by cassette then FM. I do not have all the technical details on the cassette and it probably depends on what head unit you have in your car. I believe mine comes through as Dolby Digital OK.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Alltel

brettokok is just getting started

my head unit has a few rca inputs on the back. I got a cord from best buy that is rca to 3.5mm headphone. I stuffed the long cord in my ash tray since i dont smoke and if i want to plug the phone or any other headphone device in i just open the ash tray and theres the cord. sometimes use a splitter so i can charge at the same time so i dont waste all my battery on a road trip.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Lurker

kenshinvt is a n00b

I just wanted to add that you should stay away from FM transmitters--they are garbage. The poster who mentioned an in-line one sounds interesting. I hadn't heard of those before, and that would probably solve the biggest problem of interference and a lack of adequate broadcast power.

That said, if you are going to get behind the dash to do something like that, why not just consider an aftermarket head unit? If you haven't shopped for one in awhile, you'd be suprised at how cheap they've gotten. Mp3-capable ones with direct front-facing USB ports are under 100 now (e.g., see http://sector29.com/PRODUCT_PAGES/263/263-BOS735UA.html from a quick search). Many of those also have bonus features like HD Radio (if your service area provides it--mine does). I hear the DUAL brand line are exceptional for things like that (fairly cheap for bluetooth, usb in, hd radio). Something to think about.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan