PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 04:46 PM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
mogul on indefinite backorder!!!....

I just got off the phone with Assurion, sprint customer service and account services! if you are waiting for a replacement mogule, your wait will be a long one. there are 2000 on back order and there is no definite shipping date, so if you were told 7-10 days like I was, you were lied to. I view this as a breach of contract on sprint and assurion's part. if you are waiting for one you need to call in asap and start B****ing. I have been on the phone for the past 4 hours with Sprint and Assurion and am still getting the runaround!!! stand up and be heard or lay down and be screwed
Old 01-09-2009, 04:56 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: mogul on indefinite backorder!!!....

yea,they should defintely should offer the next like model,which would be either a Touch or Diamond (im pretty sure they wouldnt offer a TP) but they should offer you something since 7-10 days is an unexcusable wait time for an insurance replacement.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
boubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
yea,they should defintely should offer the next like model,which would be either a Touch or Diamond (im pretty sure they wouldnt offer a TP) but they should offer you something since 7-10 days is an unexcusable wait time for an insurance replacement.
no,no. the wait is now indefinite! they can't say when they will get any in or if they will get any in... so if you were told 7-10 days, you were lied to...
Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

NASCAR pilot is a n00b

Glad I checked on here. I was going to ask you insiders what I should do, so if you have any suggestions, please post them!

I lost my Mogul very, very SAD) just before Christmas. I called into Assurion (is that pronounced *** your on??) on the 29th to place my claim for a replacement. They assured me that it would be 7-10 days, just like the OP. Welcome to day 10. No phone.
I called assurion last night, the rep told me not to worry that I would receive my phone, just a computer glitch. When I didnt get it today I went to the local Sprit store and had the manager there call assurion for me. He told them that if they didnt have the Mogul, they should get me an equilavent model. That didnt happen.
I am about to call Sprint on the phone and start complaining there too. I want another Mogul, but I am NOT willing to wait an undetermined amount of time to get one. Assurion has taken my money for insurance for a year and I expect better service.

Rant over...no to call Sprint.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:52 PM
boubert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCAR pilot View Post
Glad I checked on here. I was going to ask you insiders what I should do, so if you have any suggestions, please post them!

I lost my Mogul very, very SAD) just before Christmas. I called into Assurion (is that pronounced *** your on??) on the 29th to place my claim for a replacement. They assured me that it would be 7-10 days, just like the OP. Welcome to day 10. No phone.
I called assurion last night, the rep told me not to worry that I would receive my phone, just a computer glitch. When I didnt get it today I went to the local Sprit store and had the manager there call assurion for me. He told them that if they didnt have the Mogul, they should get me an equilavent model. That didnt happen.
I am about to call Sprint on the phone and start complaining there too. I want another Mogul, but I am NOT willing to wait an undetermined amount of time to get one. Assurion has taken my money for insurance for a year and I expect better service.

Rant over...no to call Sprint.
PREACH BROTHER PREACH!!!..... and good luck!..
Old 01-09-2009, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

PintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPintozozDIAM is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

my mogul is broken. i called asurion to see what could be done for me... they told me about the backorder... and offered me an HTC 6900 Touch. I normally wouldn't mind... But for a person who send and receives email and text messages non stop... this is not a good option. damn sprint for their back orders. they should at least offer something worthy.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Lurker

NASCAR pilot is a n00b

Rant continues...

So, got off the phone after complaining to Sprint and they switched me over to Assurion,,,grrrrr.

Spoke to a nice rep who also stated that the Mogul was indeed on backorder and that there was no information on when the mogul would become available to ship out,,,grrrrr.

The rep did offer 2 choices instead of the Mogul. The Touch, or the Touch Diamond. I said absolutely not for the Touch, no slid out keyboard for one. I know that is also an issue on the Diamond but have not played with the Diamond at all to see if that would be an ok substitute. In the past Assurion offered the Touch Pro but there were so many customers choosing that phone that it too is on back order,,,grrrr

So, what to do. Wait for a Mogul, take the Diamond, or call Sprint back and continue my rant until I receive some satisfaction. I believe that I could be happy with the Touch Pro, because I love the slide out keyboard (TM junkie here), not too sure about the Diamond.

I guess its time to go over and read about the Diamond on this site to get some user input before deciding.

Any other input would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc-6900

jones4765 is a n00b

I too ordered a replacement phone for my broken mogul. I ordered it on the 20th of Dec and was told about the backorder. However, I did receive a refurbished mogul on Jan. 5 (phone, battery and stylus)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:48 PM
boubert

"So, what to do. Wait for a Mogul, take the Diamond, or call Sprint back and continue my rant until I receive some satisfaction."

that's what im doing. fight the good fight... im still dealing with them 9 hours later
Old 01-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Lurker

NASCAR pilot is a n00b

Well here is what I have decided to do.

I am waaaaayyyy too impatient to wait for weeks to get a refurb Mogul, as attached to that phone as I was. After reading a lot about the Touch Diamond, the only two drawbacks that I can see are the lack of sliding keyboard, and the lack of additional storage capacity (4GB internal only).

That being said, it looks and feels like a nice phone and has a good form factor. I see there are apps that I can load that will limit the keyboard shortcoming by giving a reasonable touchscreen keypad. Since my only option is to choose the diamond or wait as eternity, I will choose the diamond.

I hope that I do not regret it

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan