PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Duplicate Characters when Typing

I know I've seen a fix posted for this, but I cannot find it. The problem is when typing on a Mogul with the slide out keyboard, duplicate characters will appear on the screen. For example, when typing "Hello" it might display "Heellllo" even when the key's were pressed properly. Can anyone point me to a thread with the solution?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Duplicate Characters when Typing

I didnt used to get this but am starting to now with my letter "O". I think it is just sticking sometimes.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:29 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I just picked this mogul up today and at first I thought the buttons were sticking too, but now its completely random. It's insane. I noticed it has the stock 3.35 Sprint ROM on it, so I'm going to flash it later and see if that takes care of it.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint

aesoprock00 is just getting started

it's a hardware issue. many many people experience this, and it's one of the primary reasons a lot of people have switched away from the Mogul. unfortunately my hardware keyboard is basically useless now due to this. my FN, y, t, space, and several other buttons just do not work anymore or send numerous duplicate characters. basically, i have to use the on screen keyboard now because it's impossible to use the keyboard. there are some fixes around, but i've found that they hurt just as much as they help (after installing one of the fixes, some keys started working while others stopped). a hard reset doesn't help either, nor did going back to an older ROM.

i'd switch to another phone (sprint has offered to give me like $175 towards a new phone for my troubles) but i can't be without a phone for the time it'd take them to send me a new one, and i don't want another Mogul if it's just going to do the same thing. it's a shame too, because the keyboard and the lack of RAM are the only issues i have with this phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Really? I was almost positive I had heard of something like this that someone came up with a fix for. It's not a huge deal since I bought it on the cheap since it had a bad esn, but I was thinking the keyboard was something that could be fixed.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

davidgelb is just getting started

Nope...it is a hardware issue. I had a mogul running a custom 3.56 ROM. Long after flashing it, that exact problem started up (FN key and many others) were showing as multiple presses.

Sprint swapped it for a new one, and I flashed it to exactly the way the old one was set up, and it works perfectly.

I tried all the fixes and everything - nothing worked. It is hardware related and only a hardware swap will resolve it.

-David
Old 01-09-2009, 05:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Thanks for the input guys. Mods feel free to close at any time.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phazed is just getting started

Its not a hardware issue.... its a registry setting issue. If it were a hardware issue then the mogul would have been plagued with this problem from the start... but it wasnt.

So....

Get out your favorite Registry editor and go to:
HKCU/ControlPanel/Keybd

In there you will see an entry "InitialDelay" and the value is usually high... Something like 600-700... I assume this is milliseconds... but who knows. Anyway, change this value to something like 50 or 75. It works wonders. I have done it and the duplicating keypresses ceased.

Check out
Info about Mogul and when the problem arose.... (Rom 3.35 and up)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...+repeat&page=2

and

Info about Touch Pro with the same problem... remedied the same way.
http://ppcgeeks.com/forum.ppcgeeks/s...ad.php?t=49901

EDIT: Oh ya, dont forget to reset after changing the registry!

phaZed
Old 01-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

arparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regulararparent is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to arparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
I didnt used to get this but am starting to now with my letter "O". I think it is just sticking sometimes.
I get the same exact thing with my 'o'
Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

EviL_HuGGyBeaR is a n00b

Thanks for the post.. I am having the same problems. My USB port broke and I just got a new replacement phone. I noticed immediatly (stock rom)when using the slide out keyboard, some letters would be missing and others would be duplicated. I tried the registry fix with no luck.. Im taking the phone back! I never had that problem with my last phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan