PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Default location for: Ringtones, Notification tones, themes? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5249)

Killabee44 06-22-2007 04:33 PM

Default location for: Ringtones, Notification tones, themes?

Hi all,

My apologies if this has been already posted but I could not find the info.

I am trying to find out where I can place my mp3 ringtones, notification tones, themes, today screen backgrounds.

The minisd card would be ideal, but I know just putting them on the root of the minisd does not work..

So, does anyone know what folder of the minisd we can put these things in so that WM6 can see them and we can select them from "settings"?

Thanks!

wowthatisrandom 06-22-2007 04:55 PM

ring tones need to go into /windows/rings

i found that the my treoclassic.mid needed to be placed in the /windows directory to be seen

and tsk files i put in /windows as well

jamesus 06-22-2007 05:43 PM

.tsk files will show up anywhere as long as they are not on the ETX ROM or SD Card. I have a folder called 'Themes' in my 'My Documents' folder that is synced each time.

Pibe38 06-22-2007 11:15 PM

Actually, I found out that themes will now be seen from the SD card... this may be a WM6 thing though.

I keep my ringtones under Windows\Rings and my themes under My Documents\Themes (I created the themes folder).

jamesus 06-23-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
Actually, I found out that themes will now be seen from the SD card... this may be a WM6 thing though.

Hmmmm...I have some on my SD card and they don't show up.

Pibe38 06-23-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesus
Quote:

Really??? I had to put mine on a ZIP on my SD card so they's stop showing twice on the Settings.

jamesus 06-24-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesus
Quote:

Really??? I had to put mine on a ZIP on my SD card so they's stop showing twice on the Settings.

Do you have them in a folder that is one level down from '\Storage Card'? I have mine broken into separate folders (for the NSFW themes ;) ) under a master folder '\Storage Card\Themes'.

Pibe38 06-25-2007 01:08 AM

Don't remember anymore since I zip'd them... they may have just been under \Storage Card or \Storage Card\Files. Now they back ups are on \Storage Card\Backups\Themes.zip and the ones I use are under \My Documents\Themes.

jamesus 06-26-2007 02:34 PM

Ok...so they only way the themes will show on the storage card is if they are at the root of the card (\Storage Card).

Pibe38 06-26-2007 02:55 PM

Another mistery solved!!! :D