PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2007, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

MountainDew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mogul and Phone as a Modem

I have a phone as a modem plan, I have used Internet Sharing on the Mogul and on Phone as a Modem mode I been getting high and stable speeds 1.2Mbps around that ballpark, using Sprint PCS the internet connection sharing went on it's highest peak 600Kbps...

Can someone else tell me if the same thing has happened to them? Maybe sprint is limiting the Sprint PCS NAI to make people sign up for PAM plan to get better speeds? I did a lot of speed tests using http://www.speedtest.net
Old 06-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Lurker

boost is a n00b
phone as modem user and pw

I tried to use my phone as a modem but i keep getting a message saying my user name and pw is incorrect. what user name and pw did you use to get your modem to work. also what is the domain that you use ? thanks for the help
Old 06-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell axim x51v
Carrier: n/a

clearNET is a n00b
I'm not on Sprint...however located in Canada using TELUS Mobility I'm also hitting 1.2Mbps constant and on occasion upto 1.5

wow and thats just using EVDO non REV A (yet) firmware should be out soon(i hope) for the TELUS p4000 to take advantage of that according to there website.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
I JUST got done posting in the other Vision thread about not being able to tether. I too, keep getting the Error Code 67: Registration Error. something about he User name and password being invalid. My vision service on the phone works fine...I get very good connection speeds.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
it invalidates your connection if you do not pay for the PAM plan on the account, there is a beta of pdanet that will get you connected, you can also make a cab of the old wmodem (rename the exe) and that should work as well.

screw PAM
Old 07-01-2007, 04:16 PM
N00b

thedam is a n00b
Can you give me more info on the PDANet option?
Old 07-01-2007, 04:24 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I am using the Internet Sharing app to post this, I have connected 3 times today with no problems. I am not paying for any PAM plan, is this a fluke, will I loose the ability to connect at some time in the future?
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache - Titan - Vogue - Diamond

lattisimo is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to lattisimo Send a message via MSN to lattisimo Send a message via Yahoo to lattisimo Send a message via Skype™ to lattisimo
when internet connection sharing is activated the device disconnects, then switches to your username@modem.sprintpcs.com then tries to connect again. if you do not have PAM BASIC on your account your device will not authenticate on the server with that username (error 67).

If your device is running WM5 (like the telus devices or pre-production sprint devices) it should not switch usernames. It may be possible to replace the .dlls and exe for the app on WM6 to negate this problem... this is untested, just my speculation.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Well I got Internet Sharing working with Sprint PCS as the Network Option. It still won't work with Phone As Modem option. But here is what I did...(i read this somewhere in one of the theads):

1. Connect to the Sprint network using Internet Explorer or whatever other web application.
2. Start Internet Sharing and select Sprint PCS option and hit Connect
3. Attach USB cable and connect to PC.

And it works fine!

But I've read somewhere in one of the other threads (I think a Speed Test thread) that with Sprint PCS as the Network option, that person was getting only around 60kbps...which is what I am getting, but with the Phone as Modem option, that person was getting around 1.2Mbps. So that is what I wanna' do...is connect with the Phone As Modem option somehow.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:40 PM
daclothe

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
We've tested the new beta of PDANet (PdaNetW180pr.exe) and it works like a charm. No hassle, no configuration issues, or anything like that. You install it and it works. Simple as that.

I'd recommend it to anyone that wants to avoid any hassle. What I'm interested in is finding out if they are somehow increasing the speeds for the PAM users. If that were the case, it may be worth it, but for the little that I will be using it, I think it will be PDANet all the way for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan