PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV 6800
Carrier: Verizon

tcolling is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stylus won't stay in!

Hi -

Well, my xv6800 won't keep the stylus in place any more. I lost a stylus today, I can see by looking inside that there's a flimsy plastic clip that has broken. I called Vzw and they said that it's not a covered issue because my one-year warranty expired on 12/15/08 so my only option is to pay $50 to get a replacement under my insurance or "upgrade" to a new device (I am eligible for a NE2 upgrade).

Has anyone else had this problem, and had Verizon fix it or replace it for free? What a lame thing to go wrong.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 01-08-2009, 04:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Re: Stylus won't stay in!

If you extend the stylus, then bend it SLIGHTLY so here is a sight curve to it, it will stay in for the time being...

[
Old 01-10-2009, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon XV 6800
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

tcolling is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearjunkeez View Post
If you extend the stylus, then bend it SLIGHTLY so here is a sight curve to it, it will stay in for the time being...
Thank you for your suggestion. I tried that, but it didn't help. I also tried painting it with clear nail polish, but that didn't help either. However, based upon that line of thinking I tried wrapping it with one layer of scotch tape, and that did help.

- Tim
Old 01-11-2009, 01:48 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I did the scotch tape thing when I had a 6700. I haven't had this prob with the Mogul yet.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

If the clip isn't completely broken try putting a sliver from a business card between the clip and the battery. Worked for me.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P4000 WM 6.1 GPS ON

slipmatt is just getting started

I had this problem within 3 months of buying my titan new from Telus. What I did to fix this issue and has worked for the last 8 months is. I took some Q tips and ripped off the cotton ends tossed out the stick. I ripped off some small pieces of cotton and tried to make a O shape out of the cotton. I placed the cotton O over the area where the stylus goes. I used the stylus to then push the cotton up inside the stylus slot. Did this 4 times, and now my stlus stays in there and wont fallout. Has about the same amount of tension to is as when the clip held the stylus in. Only downfall is you will have some small pieces of cotton up inside the stylus slot. After pulling the stylus in and out you may find you pull one of the cotton O out of the slot. If that is the case and the stylus feels loose again. Just make another cotton O and put it inside the hole.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan