PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

5tryk3r is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MobileMe

After watching the WWDC keynote the MobileMe app looks like something I could really use. Is there a program like that for the winmo crowd. That does not cost an arm and a leg.

Carrier:
U.S. Cellular
Old 06-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: MobileMe

If you are talking about Apple's MobileMe synchronization, the answer is yes. Microsoft is currently accepting registrations for the BETA of Live Mesh. Though it is still very new and the support for Windows Mobile devices are not added yet, with no estimate on a time for completion that I have seen...
Old 06-13-2008, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: "PPCGeeks....I just use Sprint for calls"

chicubs3794 is keeping up the good workchicubs3794 is keeping up the good work

looks SIIICKKKKK!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2008, 03:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mightyfied Touch Pro 2 w/Android
Carrier: Sprint

LiquidX is keeping up the good workLiquidX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LiquidX Send a message via Yahoo to LiquidX Send a message via Skype™ to LiquidX

while it isnt as feature packed as MobileME, Dashwire is a pretty sweet setup. It's free, you download a program to your phone it does it's initial backup (thank god for evdo at this point), and all your pics, vids, contacts, emails, and text messages are backed up. And if you leave it run in the background it pretty much backs up as things are happening. I tested it the other day was texting a friend and a few mins later it showed up on my online access of the content. The best part about it is, that if you switch phones, no big deal, you just switch what phone you have on the online info and install the program on your new phone, and bam, you can use everything as before.
Old 06-13-2008, 03:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular
Threadstarter

5tryk3r is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidX View Post
while it isnt as feature packed as MobileME, Dashwire is a pretty sweet setup. It's free, you download a program to your phone it does it's initial backup (thank god for evdo at this point), and all your pics, vids, contacts, emails, and text messages are backed up. And if you leave it run in the background it pretty much backs up as things are happening. I tested it the other day was texting a friend and a few mins later it showed up on my online access of the content. The best part about it is, that if you switch phones, no big deal, you just switch what phone you have on the online info and install the program on your new phone, and bam, you can use everything as before.
Does it sink with your computer then as well. i work with several different computers with various flavors of windows, linux, and os x and it would be nice to be able to keep my contacts and appointments available on all of those. Do not care so much about backing up my text msgs as they are mainly just twitter feeds.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt, Touch
Carrier: ATT

Dashwire is keeping up the good workDashwire is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tryk3r View Post
Does it sink with your computer then as well. i work with several different computers with various flavors of windows, linux, and os x and it would be nice to be able to keep my contacts and appointments available on all of those. Do not care so much about backing up my text msgs as they are mainly just twitter feeds.
Because we are a browser based application, we work on most computers (with internet access). If you have all of your contacts on your phone, Dashwire will sync those and allow you to access them from any computer. If some of your contacts are stored on your computer you first need to get them on your phone, and then after syncing you will be able to see them anywhere through your Dashwire account. Hope that helps...

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Are you using the latest Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)? Are you running WinMo 6.1 and want to try our latest release (http://m.dashwire.com/beta)?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

BanditBoy is a n00b

Ok... Some program that sync with Outlook like MobileMe?
Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

otbox21 is a n00b

I talked to apple about syncing mobile me with a pocket pc, basically, she said it is not possible, but...

Teri H (apple support): Basically, the more 'votes" something gets, the higher chance it will be worked on. So get your friends and family to add this idea on the feedback page.

Here's the link...if you want this feature...let's all vote!

http://www.apple.com/feedback/mobileme.html
Old 01-09-2009, 10:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rothgar is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rothgar

Live mesh does support windows mobile now. You just have to set up a account and you can sync your files to your mesh automatically. It takes a long time to sync (especially over cell networks) but it works fairly well for a beta.

I wouldn't count on mobileme support until at least windows mobile 6.5 is announced later this year.
VZW Treo 700w
VZW HTC Apache
VZW Motorola Q
VZW Audiovox xv6600

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan