PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Mogul or Titan? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5212)

ScandaLex 06-21-2007 07:36 PM

Mogul or Titan?

I'm a bit confused. Is the 6800 called the Mogul or Titan :?: I keep seeing it called Mogul, which makes me wonder why it's in a Titan forum. :?

colonel 06-21-2007 07:41 PM

It was designated the Titan by HTC(as far as I am aware). It was always assumed that it would be named by Sprint as the 6800. However, Sprint chose to name it the Mogul instead.

Wideawake 06-21-2007 08:03 PM

these were my thoughts also....what do you all think would make a better section title or leave it as it is?
~Mike

Pibe38 06-21-2007 08:06 PM

From what I gathered HTC named it Titan (there are references to it on the OS) and Sprint branded it Mogul. I am sure Verizon will give it another name...

colonel 06-21-2007 08:15 PM

Yes, remember that the p4000 from Telus is still a Titan as well. And, who knows what Verizon will name it. Perhaps listing all the possible names in a neat fashion in the forum description will help a little. I think people will get it regardless as time passes.

luv2chill 06-21-2007 08:39 PM

How about the Tigul XV68P4? I think that covers all our bases.

8notime 06-21-2007 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideawake
these were my thoughts also....what do you all think would make a better section title or leave it as it is?
~Mike

Since it will never be referred to as the Titan again, I would vote to rename this section to Mogul, just to avoid confusion when newbies arrive.

blazingwolf 06-21-2007 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8notime
Quote:

~Mike

Since it will never be referred to as the Titan again, I would vote to rename this section to Mogul, just to avoid confusion when newbies arrive.

I don't agree with this as Verizon will most definetly not call it the Mogul. Unless the desire is there to split the forums between Phone companies. I think it should remain the Titan forum with maybe the seperate names attached.

ScandaLex 06-21-2007 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazingwolf
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8notime
Quote:

~Mike

I don't agree with this as Verizon will most definetly not call it the Mogul. Unless the desire is there to split the forums between Phone companies. I think it should remain the Titan forum with maybe the seperate names attached.

Thanks for the replies. Well, since its been branded Titan by HTC, I think it should remain in this forum with subsections for each model; e.g Mogul...etc, etc.

This way people can ask questions in the appropriate subsection based on the model they have.

Pibe38 06-21-2007 09:22 PM

Look at it this way...

The Apache forum works very well for the PPC6700, the XV6700, and whatever name Alltel and other companies gave it...

I think it should remain Titan.