PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2009, 03:36 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

seti007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using deactivated (from sprint network) Mogul as a GPS unit?

hhi everyone,
I recently upgraded from a mogul to a touch pro and was wondering if the GPS in my mogul should work wiithout having a service through sprint. the phone functions normally in everyway with the exception of the GPS part. I had Igo* as well as google maps and live sraech on this phone when I had service on it. All those programs were working but after deactivating, these programs cannot find the GPS receiver. Is there any way to get the GPs to work?
Another thing that I might mention is that I can browse teh internet using wifi and google maps works great but with no GPS support on wifi.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Using deactivated (from sprint network) Mogul as a GPS unit?

You need to disable agps and use standalone gps. Requires editing qpst and setting some registry settings and having quickgps. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=458923

My posts starting at 35 show my settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Yep, as said already, it can do standalone GPS without any issues, you will get errors from certain apps that may be trying to dial out on cell data to pull info. Some you might be able to change over from cell data to wifi.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
You need to disable agps and use standalone gps. Requires editing qpst and setting some registry settings and having quickgps. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=458923

My posts starting at 35 show my settings.
Cool thats great to know. DO u know if this is reversable easily? I guess I could just undo the changes made to the setting using qpst. Just in case I sell or reactivate this phone later.
Thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Mr. Chevy

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Is what reversible?
Old 02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Drewcaqm888, I managed the registry settings but can you please wrtie up the steps involved with getting qpst working?
Thanks
Old 02-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Mr. Chevy

Look here http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...VerizonAGPSFix and do steps 1-10. then follow my settings and not the wiki settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Ok i have a weird problem. When i apply the reg settings you mention namely
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS:EnableAGPS = 0
and restart, i cannot connect using windows mobile device center. After setting the above to 0 and connecting the phone thru a USB cable, it recognizes teh phone as a new device and tries to install the drivers. However, it fails to install teh drivers for a "generic serial device" . When I set the value back to 1 it works again and WMDC recognizes the phone again. Is that normal? I am using vista. Another question i had was teh MSL code. Would sprint give that to me despite the fact that this phone is no longer on my account?
Thanks for all your help.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Mr. Chevy

Never heard of that problem. I avoid vista like the plague. You might be getting that error because agps needs to be disable in the QPSt first. By unchecking allowed. Do qpst first. soft reset then reg change.
Search the forum for a msl program. It finds the MSL from your ESN number.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Wow thats some quick response time. I greatly appreciate it. I got most of the steps down now. Here is a pic of my qqpst screen. Does everything look ok like the ip etc BTW. what radio ar u using. what are your lock times?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan