PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   PPC-6800 Bug Report (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5206)

HobbesIsReal 06-21-2007 04:24 PM

PPC-6800 Bug Report

If you find a bug with the 6800, i.e. memory issue, event triggered resets, glitches, etc... then post it here so we can have a place of reference to find out if they are isolated or general problems.

As we identify generall bugs, I will update this original post to list them a quick reference for this thread as a helpful tool for those who might be new to the phone.

Jafar 06-22-2007 03:22 AM

I have one.

Setting the Password causes Power Cycle to Take you to the Today Screen. I've tried to multiple times by disabling and re-enabling the password option. Disabled, power cycle keeps me in the current running program. Enabled, it "minimizes" all applications and Today screen is up.

Pibe38 06-22-2007 11:54 PM

Double Soft Reset

Has anyone performed a soft reset and then while the phone is loading up (splash window is being displayed) the device soft resets itself AGAIN? All by itself?

budney 06-23-2007 12:33 AM

Re: Double Soft Reset

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
Has anyone performed a soft reset and then while the phone is loading up (splash window is being displayed) the device soft resets itself AGAIN? All by itself?

I have, and it did it two times in a row before it went to the today screen. I think it may be iLauncher related, as I just installed and preformed the soft reset with the app???

Pibe38 06-23-2007 12:41 AM

Nope, I have not installed iLauncher yet... I hard reset last night and I'm installing apps one by one, and also soft resetting after every installation.

Last night something must have gotten corrupted because before I hard reset, every time I soft reset the power up sound would stutter and the splash screen was messed up.

Uhmmm I did soft reset with SK Tools though, I'm gonna have to look for a pattern here.

budney 06-23-2007 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibe38
Nope, I have not installed iLauncher yet... I hard reset last night and I'm installing apps one by one, and also soft resetting after every installation.

That's what I am doing right now. I have not had the problem since then and ever thing so far has been running well.

Pibe38 06-23-2007 06:03 AM

Well iLauncher does not play well with my device...

Soft reset after installing it and my 6800 is stuck on a loop, it gets to the splash screen and it keep soft resetting itself.

We'll see how I get out of this one...

EDIT: iLauncher stuck my 6800 on a loop, there was nothing I could do to stop it soft resetting itself. I had everything working perfectly, installed iLauncher and then was about to perform a backup.

When Sprite resetted the device, it entered into this loop... good thing I have another backup just before installing iLauncher. Too bad since I like the app so much.

EDIT 2: Well I think I'm fed up with this device... now after I restore get stuck on the loop as well. It makes me think that maybe Sprite is the culprit.

Still, this is ridiculous... one more try to fix this, if it fails, I'm returning it.

iammike 06-23-2007 08:14 AM

Try the trial of SBP and see if you can do good backups then. If Sprite is the culprit and you like the phone otherwise. SPB might be better then to give up on the device.

I know both of us are debating between the 700wx and the 6800 but sometimes trying to figure out if it's the device that's buggy or the 3rd party software can be a pain on a new OS. lol

For the record, the only time I've had my device reset twice instead of once was when a piece of software ask to reset. Mines never gone more then 2 boots though.

stroths 06-23-2007 09:29 AM

I have Sprite Personal 5.1 and ilauncher installed. I decided to go with the HTC touch plugin, so I am uninstalling ilauncher in case I am sitting on top of a time bomb waiting to go off.

budney 06-23-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iammike
Try the trial of SBP and see if you can do good backups then. If Sprite is the culprit and you like the phone otherwise. SPB might be better then to give up on the device.

I know both of us are debating between the 700wx and the 6800 but sometimes trying to figure out if it's the device that's buggy or the 3rd party software can be a pain on a new OS. lol

For the record, the only time I've had my device reset twice instead of once was when a piece of software ask to reset. Mines never gone more then 2 boots though.

I do think it is software related. iLauncher is not WM6 ready, neither are the backup programs and memory programs. My device did loop again last night, but only did it twice.