PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
I just tried the soft reset and now my Mogul is in an endless Loop of soft resetting....ugh.

I hope iLauncher is not the case. I really like the program, but might have to look elsewhere.

EDIT: I just hard reset and installed only iLauncher. After installation, I soft reset and it booted up just fine. Off to find the culprit.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 06-23-2007, 10:01 AM
N00b

thedam is a n00b
SMS text issue

I have been having a weird issue when sending text messages. When I start typing, after about 5 words, I can no longer see any of the words that are being typed. Furthermore, when I go to backspace i can still see the words that have been typed but the cursor goes back through the word. I sent myself a message and the part I cant see sends correctly. I just have to hope I am pushing the right words. I am thinking this may be related to SPB Shell 1.5 for some reason but I am not sure. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP

sledgie is a n00b
sounds like a lot of these are user installed software related, not original software on the device or wm6 bugs, correct?
Old 06-23-2007, 11:08 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Bluetooth doesn't work as well as it did on the 6700 - more susceptable to static - doesn't matter the headset. Worse yet, my callers say I sound choppy compared to my old 6700 - tried 3 different model headsets.

Voice Command 1.6 doesn't accept confirmation - by default it is turned on but it doesn't listen so it doesn't dial the number unless you turn confirmation off.

Wifi doesn't really turn off with the switch on the side - still detects hotspots.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

dmackdaddy is a n00b
The camera takes pictures and they are flipped when shown. Someone had a reg tweak to fix this.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
I've also had the issue with the device restarting twice in a row, but never more than that.

I'm also having the issue that some notifications refuse to go away. I can hit the Go To button or the Dismiss button and the notification just sits there, even after the event it's notifying me of is past. That's really annoying and requires a soft reset to fix.

Also, not sure if this is a bug or what, but I set an appointment for today at 16:15 with a reminder 30 minutes before the appointment. This morning I turned the phone on and there was a reminder for it that said the name of it and "16:15-16:45, Yesterday." So it looks as though despite the fact that the appointment is set for today, the reminder thinks it was yesterday.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Update on installation of software.

I have installed these programs and after every installation, i soft reset using the stylus.

iLauncher
CBreeze
Egress
Google Maps
HandyShopper - Reset 1 time before booting up
Livesearch
Memmaid 1.73 - Reset 3 times before booting up
MS VC 1.6
PhoneWeaver
PocketBreeze
SPB Backup
UPX4PPC
Resco Explorer
Resco Registry
HTC Home Plugin
HTC Audio Manager
HTC Dialpad
Old 06-23-2007, 12:59 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus
Update on installation of software.

I have installed these programs and after every installation, i soft reset using the stylus.

iLauncher
CBreeze
Egress
Google Maps
HandyShopper - Reset 1 time before booting up
Livesearch
Memmaid 1.73 - Reset 3 times before booting up
MS VC 1.6
PhoneWeaver
PocketBreeze
SPB Backup
UPX4PPC
Resco Explorer
Resco Registry
HTC Home Plugin
HTC Audio Manager
HTC Dialpad
Any differences from what you had before when the issues presented itself?

Also, I may be crazy or may have overlooked it because of frustration and being tired... but I notice after the hard reset that when you soft reset there's an animation of the Sprint logo and there's an HTC splash screen...

I could swear that when I had the issues, when I soft reset these were not playing themselves.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 06-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6800

hippity.hoppity is keeping up the good workhippity.hoppity is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by boe
Bluetooth doesn't work as well as it did on the 6700 - more susceptable to static - doesn't matter the headset. Worse yet, my callers say I sound choppy compared to my old 6700 - tried 3 different model headsets.
I've found the same thing about the bluetooth. The volume on my end isn't very loud and people on the other end complain about my voice cutting out.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
OK, I think I found the culprit for the looping resets. It is the iLauncherSafeMode.dll for iLauncher that runs on start up. I used MemMaid to get rid of it.

EDIT: 6/24

In Memmaid click the Start Up Programs tab (fourth tab) > then click the downward pointing arrow next to "Start Up Programs" and select "Start Up Services". The dll is the first one (ILSM), it will read in the "Type Service" box below "Target:\Windows\iLauncherSafeMode.dll" Just click delete, and soft reset with any app.

I have soft reset numerous time already with no issues, and boot up seems much quicker. And please remeber to det the name of the dll before you delete it.

EDIT: I did a hard reset this morning. I only installed iLauncher, MemMaid, & SK Tools. The looping resets returned. I did the steps above, but found Memmaid dosen't delete the dll itself (I was tired last night ). You need to go into the Windows folder in File Explorer and delete the dll, you much click shoe all files to see it. Like above the looping resets have not returned.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan