PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Lurker

TheRealJobe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remedy to alarm in sleep mode while on power source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJobe
(I dont have much time to search 50+ threads to see if this has already been posted)
So, in other words, your time is more valuable than ours, huh? Then good luck with that.
In other words I'm at work and dont need to look like a damn slacker... I took the time to post something I thought would help others...
Old 08-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WM6.1 - Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

thehustla13 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to thehustla13 Send a message via Yahoo to thehustla13
Live Search

When you try to type in your city or your exact location, it only type in the secondary function of the button. i.e.: symbols (@!?12345*&,etc.)
Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Lurker

Pete is a n00b
I continually receive the same text messages sometimes 4 and 5 times. On occasion the time stamps are 2 hours ahead of time, then arrive with an accurate timestamp...

Last night I received the same text message 7 times: once with correct time, the rest were 2 hours early....
Old 08-17-2007, 12:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mcmichak is a n00b
When my phone is charging the backlight is extremely dim and I can't see the display. It's esp bad when driving and charging. There appears to be no way to adjust the brightness when charging. Any ideas on a fix?

UPDATE: Found the problem... Somehow in the camera menu under "advanced settings" the setting got changed to keep backlight off. Funny thing is, I haven't even used the camera on this thing yet. Stupid friends
Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

sleepydoc is a n00b
re: 3rd party alarm software

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktiger
My alarms do not come on. Is there a solution yet? How about a 3rd party alarm software, will I run into the same issue?
I use gsalarmclock ver 1.20 and I've never missed an alarm. It's not pretty like wolfclock but it never has let me down. It works great on my 6800. I've given up depending on the built in alarms!

find it at: http://www.pda-ppc.com/download/cloc...larmClock.html
Old 08-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Lurker

hizduser is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy213 View Post
My alarms will not sound for some reason now. Whether it is plugged in or not, the alert will not sound. Once I turn the device on the alarm then triggers.....
Hello all,
I too have the issue with the alarm not going off due to it charging. I contacted Sprint tech support and speaking to one of their techs they are aware of the issue and advised me that on/around Oct 1st HTC will have an update on the phone. They said it should be posted on www.america.htc.com. Hope that update fixes BT, and include Rev A....
Old 08-31-2007, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jlynnd is a n00b
my issues:

1) Flight Mode -- Seems like my phone gets sent into flight mode, sometimes in the middle of the night, sometimes after a reset.

I haven't been able to isolate consistent conditions when this happens. So far, on a unfortunate number of occassions, it's like, "gee, haven't gotten any phone calls all day. wow---wait a minute" and voila=flight mode. err. I don't use comm manager for much, but is it possible to disable flight mode. This feature should be harder to access in my opinion.

2) Bluetooth pairing -- when i get into the car, i want the darn phone to just pair with the car.

but instead I have to get the stylus out, click the middle 'bluetooth' item of the tiny menu, to to the bluetooth device, hold the stylus down waiting/hoping for a menu that offers "Edit / Delete / Set as Wireless" and if I'm lucky I'll aim good and get it set up the first time--which rarely happens.

Am I missing something? is there an easier way? Is there a registry set that will force it to auto connect to this particular device if it is detected? Stupid phone doesn't even go, "hey, your bluetooth device is in range. want to connect?" -- even that would suffice.

If autoconnect doesn't exist, is there any way to map a shortcut to speed up this connect?

i don't have any other bluetooth devices other than the car at the moment, and still I have to go through these gymnastics to get connected. I don't even bother if the trip is under 10 minutes--but that's stupid. please help if you can.

is there a way to map a shortcut to turn on bluetooth? while i'm at it, is there a shortcut command string I could assign that will toggle turn on and off bluetooth?

3) startup double looping. yeah I get this. don't know if i get it all of the time--my attention span seems to be unable to focus long enough through all of the startup screens to always notice. But mine does do this. I tried the sd-card tricks, and I don't think i've seen it loop since, but i may not have noticed. i'm resigned that it just takes a minute or more to reset the thing, so I go do something else. (I don't have ilauncher at all)

4) phone freezes up when a call comes in. okay, this is awful.

sometimes when a call comes in, the popup barely shows or shows but then my phone locks up--the screen nor the buttons work. I have to soft reset, and then call back two minutes later.

the seriousness of this problem is sometimes i cannot call back. i.e. switchboards and some business that call only show the general info number, so if I don't know the extension of who specifically called me, I have to just pray they'll call back someday.

my friends joke all the time, "that thing is really neat. now all you need is a phone!" how embarrassing and inconvinient.

5) Mail app disappears when selecting a message to open -- I use the mail hard key, which puts me into a mailbox, but when I click the unread mail item, then the app disappears back to the today screen. if I click the mail hard key again, then that message appears already opened and waiting for me. This is wierd.

annoyances/desired improvements
6) plastic lanyard loophole -- broke after three days. I was in the middle of a family crisis so I didn't bring it back yet. I figure the next one will break too, so why bother.

7) battery cover -- comes off way too easily. suggestions?

8 ) speaker phone button -- why does the primary phone application have to be on two seperate screens ?

even the aftermarket phone screens seem to maintain the phone multiscreen disfeature. I want speaker / mute / flash buttons at the top of the same screen with the dialpad. There's room up there, so I don't get it. i have to toggle over to turn on speaker phone after dialing, toggle back to keypad to put in conference call numbers, and toggle back to mute myself silent into the meeting. how silly is this.

Does anyone know of a dialpad with the speaker/mute/flash buttons on the same page as the keypad status? if not, could someone write one. (please! i don't know how)

9) alarms are unreliable -- I miss my old flippy phone for this. I can't go to sleep in a hotel and trust the phone not to lock up or go silent or something and cause the alarm to not sound. very annoyed about this. has anyone found a reliable solution?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Solutions & suggestions are invited & appreciated. couldn't find all the 'right' threads to post these, so i'm lumping them together.

Thanks.

Last edited by jlynnd; 08-31-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jaak is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnd View Post
my issues:
Solutions & suggestions are invited & appreciated. couldn't find all the 'right' threads to post these, so i'm lumping them together.
Some of these problems are known (ie. bluetooth). for the others I'd suggest you do a hard reset, don't install any third party software or hacks (and no, don't restore from a backup after you reset - but re-syncing is ok) and see how it goes for a few days.

If you broke the lanyard holder you might have deformed your case, which might be why the battery cover keeps popping off.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jfol01 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to jfol01 Send a message via Yahoo to jfol01
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynnd View Post
my issues:

4) phone freezes up when a call comes in. okay, this is awful.

sometimes when a call comes in, the popup barely shows or shows but then my phone locks up--the screen nor the buttons work. I have to soft reset, and then call back two minutes later.

the seriousness of this problem is sometimes i cannot call back. i.e. switchboards and some business that call only show the general info number, so if I don't know the extension of who specifically called me, I have to just pray they'll call back someday.
I have found that sometimes if I'm trying to call someone when that person or someone else is trying to call me, it will make my phone freeze up. It shows that they are calling, but I can't answer it. The only way to fix it is to wait a sec and hit the ignore button at the bottom of screen then try calling back. This has happened on multiple phones that I've had with Sprint though (6800, 6700, a920) so it's not just this phone. I dont know if this is the same prob that you are having or not...
Old 09-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

intimd8 is a n00b
phone turn on by itself

does anyone have a fix for sprints mogul the screen randomly turns on by itself from standby turn it off it commes back on this is my second phone and still the same problem really wares out the batt

thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan