PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 12:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

will_z32 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Transfer pim.vol from wm6 apache to mogul?

I received a mogul today for my failing apache. I don't use activesync, but I do have the my apaches pim.vol file backed up on my pc. When I tried to load it on my mogul, for some reason I got no service, and my contacts wernt there.

Is there anyway to get my pim.vol file from my apache with a wm6 rom, or is there anyway to view the contacts from my pim.vol file on my desktop?

Thanks
Old 12-28-2007, 12:55 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
gaaaa

No.

You *should* have used live.mail2web.com to backup OTA, then restore on your new device. I did that, took all of 3 minutes total.

You're in for some reentry, if the apache was WM5.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:58 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

will_z32 is a n00b
The apache had wm6 loaded onto it
Old 12-28-2007, 09:16 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

will_z32 is a n00b
So are there any applications that will allow me to view my pim.vol on my computer?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
will,
If moving your contacts around were as simple as copying and pasting pim.vol, then I think everyone would be doing it, but that's not happening. Try going to xda-developers.com and downloading pim backup 2.5. That should do the trick (mail2web works well, too).
Old 12-28-2007, 10:19 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

will_z32 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 View Post
will,
If moving your contacts around were as simple as copying and pasting pim.vol, then I think everyone would be doing it, but that's not happening. Try going to xda-developers.com and downloading pim backup 2.5. That should do the trick (mail2web works well, too).
Well I've copied and pasted the pim.vol file on about a dozen or so apaches, and 2-3 Dell Axims with no problem. My apache completely died one day, wouldnt boot on at all. Sprint was out of Apaches and gave me the mogul as an upgrade. All I have is my pim.vol file backed up on my desktop from the wm6 updated apache.

Last edited by will_z32; 12-28-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:28 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

will_z32 is a n00b
Hrm, I wonder if the rom loaded onto my Apache had a newer version of wm6 than what is on my Mogul causing the pim.vol file to be incompatible. Maybe I will try a newer rom to see if I can trasfer the file over to my new phone.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_z32 View Post
Well I've copied and pasted the pim.vol file on about a dozen or so apaches, and 2-3 Dell Axims with no problem.
Roger that. You've messed with it alot more than I have (I rely on sync and use backup just for call history and text messages.)

Quote:
My apache completely died one day, wouldnt boot on at all. Sprint was out of Apaches and gave me the mogul as an upgrade. All I have is my pim.vol file backed up on my desktop from the wm6 updated apache.
Ouch - the dead Apache wasn't clear to me from your first post. I incorrectly took "failing" as not yet dead. So yeah, PIM Backup won't help now.

Quote:
Hrm, I wonder if the rom loaded onto my Apache had a newer version of wm6 than what is on my Mogul causing the pim.vol file to be incompatible. Maybe I will try a newer rom to see if I can trasfer the file over to my new phone.
Sounds logical, but afaik the WM6 build in the Apache kitchen is unique (supposedly from an internal beta or something like that) so you won't be able to match it exactly. Easiest to me still seems to get your pim.vol onto a working WM6 Apache, then PIM Backup and restore to the Mogul.
Old 12-28-2007, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

heem_infinite is just getting started
i had this problem a week or so ago and my only option was to borrow my brother's 6700 and transfer the pim file onto his phone and sync it with activesyn, then plug in my mogul. worked for me. if you don't have access to another 6700 you might be out of luck.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:37 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

will_z32 is a n00b
I loaded Colonels newest rom last night, and was able to successfully copy my old pim.vol file over, all my contacts are showing up correctly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan