PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 12:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
I downloaded the file voicecommandreplacementfiles.zip and extracted the files to my device in the two required directory's, and now my incoming caller announcement is working!! Thanks!
I've tried loading those replacement files to the directory VC is installed to, but get the "file in use" error. What are the two required directories you're talking about? My VC is installed in one directory, so I assume they must be different than the installation directory.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul (PPC6800) > HTC Touch (PPC6900) > HTC Touch Pro (PPC6850)
Carrier: Sprint Sero (1200 Min Plan)

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Can anyone tell me how to make VC the default on the phone? so that when i click the button on my headset it opens that and not the stock voice command.

where are you guys getting a settings screen for VC? I swear iv seen it before but cannot get there...

i use a wired headset and when i click the button to use the VC it opens the stock one...
Thanks!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 AM
Almost a VIP

divxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardivxrippimp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to divxrippimp Send a message via MSN to divxrippimp Send a message via Yahoo to divxrippimp Send a message via Skype™ to divxrippimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
where are you guys getting a settings screen for VC? I swear iv seen it before but cannot get there...
Never-mind that part, im a stupid ass...
Old 09-21-2007, 04:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
I've tried loading those replacement files to the directory VC is installed to, but get the "file in use" error. What are the two required directories you're talking about? My VC is installed in one directory, so I assume they must be different than the installation directory.
I'm making a cab install. You need to make sure that VC is disabled before you install these file's though. the VoiceCommand_PPC.cpl file goes into Windows Directory, the other three go into the Program Files\Voice Command directory. You should see an overwrite dialog for all 4 files.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mdecker79 is a n00b
I have done the above and it does state the newer ver but it still doesn't work right.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxrippimp View Post
Can anyone tell me how to make VC the default on the phone? so that when i click the button on my headset it opens that and not the stock voice command.

i use a wired headset and when i click the button to use the VC it opens the stock one...
Thanks!
You have to edit your button settings in "Settings"
Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
You need to make sure that VC is disabled before you install these file's though.
I guess that's the part I'm missing. How do you disable VC?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:17 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
You have to edit your button settings in "Settings"
I got that, but is there a way to make it the default voice command, so my wired headset doesnt load the stock voice command?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan