PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Advice to New Users...

So I always have been a cook junkie but just for fun I tested out some pre-made ROMs. I tried DCD's Titan ROMs... Not only did I not like being able to cook a few apps I don't wanna load by cab for, but the performance is AWFUL compared to the PPCKitchen builds. I got horbile lags and the on screen keyboard would stick, also going from portrait to landscape was slow.

So, I think the most stable ROMs for the Titan is the kitchen. I know different people get different results but for me, the kitchen is the best. I will be testing out more too...

Good day.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

mycophiles is just getting started
Re: My Advice to New Users...

Today I finally (after 7 months of having this phone) to download the kitchen and take a look at it. There are some very nice threads on how to use it.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:06 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Yup, the only problem I have with the kitchen builds is that Slide2Play doesn't wanna run when I tap the power button. DCD's ROM will, but is shuts off the music after a certain amount of time...
Old 01-04-2009, 06:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6900,Touch Pro ,
Carrier: sprint

tc32brat is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tc32brat

pdaphonejunkie....sense your in the kitchen....could you grab me a beer, and maybe post links to which radio would be best for the ones that can't seem to find it?
Old 01-04-2009, 07:52 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

The best Radio, for me is Radio 3.42.50.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
The best Radio, for me is Radio 3.42.50.
I have 3.42.40, is it worth upgrading?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor

I returned to 3.2.6 after building with the kitchen. I just found that it ran faster on my device with no other tweaking. Just my opinion of course. I now am running my own tweaked version of 6152 3pre3 just to compete with 3.2.6. I run M2D so i like the extra ram available. I recommend DCD's work to all my friends who want a stock style ROM only faster. Its all a matter of opinion and personal preference.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdj67f View Post
I returned to 3.2.6 after building with the kitchen. I just found that it ran faster on my device with no other tweaking. Just my opinion of course. I now am running my own tweaked version of 6152 3pre3 just to compete with 3.2.6. I run M2D so i like the extra ram available. I recommend DCD's work to all my friends who want a stock style ROM only faster. Its all a matter of opinion and personal preference.

Totally a matter of opinion. I was just saying for me, the PPCKitchen is much better and I don't have to install as many cabs.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:08 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I've actually been learning how to customize the stock rom (Sprint 3.56) I've been having issues with my 6800's and replacements, and TEP needs an "Instant" included somewhere.... (Total Instant Equipment Protection)......

anyway, 3.56 is running as good as any rom once I run my shashimi.. onlything I can't do with it is nueHardwareSwitch, and nueKernal (hi/lo mem).. obviously..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan