PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Lurker

keithr1475 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dealing With Sprint on getting a 6800

On Monday 06/18/07 at about 530 PM, I decided to take the plunge and update my 6700. I got on the internet and got the number to Sprint and ordered my phone. This is after having to call 3 times because the first 2 people said they never heard of the phone. On the third call, I finally got someone who knew what they were doing. It was painless. The girl said it would take 1 to 3 days for me to get it. It did cost me $12.00 for this but I did not mind. Yesterday, I decided to check on the progress on my phone but then I realized I did not have a tracking number. So I called the number the girl gave me and after waiting on the phone for 20 minutes, I got my tracking number. By the way. Sprint uses UPS as their carrier. I then got on the internet and got on the UPS site and put in my tracking number. I was so excited when it say that it would be delivered today on 06/20/07.
Today before I left for work, I checked the tracking number again and it said that it arrived in my town and that it was out for delivery. Very happy at this point.
I go to work and come home and it is not here yet. So, I get back on the UPS site and put in my tracking number. It says that it has been delivered. But not to my house in Wichita Ks but to somewhere in Arizona. By this time I am going NUTS. I find the number to UPS and they say yep, its in Arizona but its not their fault. Sprint must have put two labels on it. They say that they can't do anything about it and I have to call Sprint and have them do a trace.
I call Sprint and after finally getting a girl named Cindy after a 40 min wait. I explained to her what I've told you and she says that she will put a trace on it but she has to wait 24 hours before she could do it. That's Sprints policy. I tell her it's in Arizona and I paid for my phone and the extra charge for overnight and that she needs do send me a phone now. She then says that she can't do it until 24 hours are up. I ask for a supervisor and she tells me that all supervisors are in a meeting. By then I was so mad that I could not even think straight. I finally told her I want to speak to Retention. So, she puts me on hold and after 20 more minutes, I get another girl from retention. After screaming and yelling like an idiot, she finally said she would put a trace on it right now. I lost it again and said it was in Arizona and I want my phone. She says that the warehouse where it was shipped from has 24 hours to come up with a response. I lost it again and told her I want to cancel my order and she said that she could not do that. She says someone would call me when the trace is done and send me my phone. I hung up. Any suggestions?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
yeah, I suggest you chill a bit. It is only a phone.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 06-20-2007, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MojoSwag is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MojoSwag Send a message via Yahoo to MojoSwag
Keith, having worked for both UPS AND Sprint, I can definitely understand the frustration.

First, make sure Sprint has the right shipping address for you. When you placed the order, they should have verified. Also, ask to get the shipping refunded. With Sprint, the fastest way to get it is to have them do a credit on your bill. Ask to speak to retention . they will look at the notes and you might be able to get a FREE 6800 for all of the trouble! Hope this helps!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700
Carrier: SprintPCS

sniffs is a n00b
It sucks that now some undeserving schmuck got a free 6800.. even if Sprint makes it unusable on their network.. the PDA is still Wm6 and fully functional..
Old 06-20-2007, 07:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Hey man, Sprint screwed up my order too (sent me a 6700 instead) but there is no sense in "losing it" and giving yourself fits (not to mention screaming and yelling at the blameless reps answering your calls) over something so trivial. When it comes down to it Sprint will not charge you for a device they accidentally shipped to someone else. I'm sure they'll even credit you for the overnight shipping or whatever.

Mistakes can and do happen. None of us is perfect and neither are gigantic corporations. Just let Sprint know what the problem is and let them follow their procedures to correct it. In the meantime take a deep breath and realize that having to wait a few extra days for a stupid cell phone isn't the end of the world.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:00 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Let's try to keep all he discussion on getting the Mogul on this thread:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-6800-...out-t5681.html

I will quote your original post there...

Thanks for understanding.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan