PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsHockz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WmWifiRouter v.91 Encryption?

Is there anyway to add encryption to version .91 of Wmwifirouter? I work in an office building and I think I have some people using my network whenever I bring it up.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

mr_hyde is a n00b
Re: WmWifiRouter v.91 Encryption?

Me too! I've wondered about this. Also concerned when I travel and am in places like airports or hotels that don't have free access - dozens of laptops actively searching for a signal and WMWifi is wide open on my phone. Thanks!
-h
Old 01-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamonds On My Damn Chain
Carrier: Still With Sprint

nelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on repnelly04 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try This:

Before you connect to the WMwifirouter on your laptop, when your in the available networks screen, right click on WMWifirouter and click properties. Then set up a wpa2 and a network key. I havent tried this myself but I was just looking and thought it might work from the looks of it.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tonykovac is just getting started

I >think< that if you install one of the later trial versions that has encryption, then install 0.91 over it, the registry settings for encryption will remain. Not sure if version 0.91 uses the same registry settings, so it might not do anything. I haven't tested it.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykovac View Post
I >think< that if you install one of the later trial versions that has encryption, then install 0.91 over it, the registry settings for encryption will remain. Not sure if version 0.91 uses the same registry settings, so it might not do anything. I haven't tested it.
your never suppose to DL new versions over old versions, so why even tell him that... read around that how people mess up their wifi connections and when all the problems start.. always uninstall, clear out old file folders, wait 30sec, and soft reset, then start ur new download... it really is the best course of action in any download or upgrade to an exsisiting app..

OP-if v91 doesnt do it, just spend the 30bucks for v120, afterall its not like its a waste of money... but i v120 locks just fine

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan