PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9700 & iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

JuJu is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEED help, think I bricked phone trying to update ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzero View Post
Yeah, I believe you are right. Only problem is, where can one find an original radio for the Alltel 6800? I don't even know how to install it IF I can ever find one.
Have you tried flashing a stock rom (if you can find one) yet. It should have the radio. Also, I'm not sure if you have to relock the phone or not to do this with Alltel.

Or, wait, was your phone locked when you flashed back over from cricket? Maybe flash the stock rom and radio and flash the locked bootloader to lock it back.

Here is a link to a stock rom http://www.htc.com/us/SupportDownloa...at=2&dl_id=114

Last edited by JuJu; 01-02-2009 at 03:13 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:20 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

ill find you a radio and post it here

here is the RADIO ONLY http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=444630

put the TITAIMG file in your card
go to tricolor screen
soft reset when done

Last edited by bbsandkm; 01-02-2009 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: cricket
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Holy ****, bbsandkm, I want to have your baby! I did it and it installed the radio!!! It now loads up to a windows Mobile 6.1 boot screen, and its.. it loaded! all i did was install the radio and everything loaded up! what the hell happened!?

I know i still have some changes to make, but it friken works and with 6.1

[edit] Now it keeps resetting on its own. I'm going to try reinstalling the rom. To everyone here, I really appreciate the help!

Last edited by nonzero; 01-02-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:08 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

im quoting myself here...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsandkm View Post
some roms work better if the radio is flashed first. so find you a radio, put that titaimg file in the root of card and back to the tricolor screen that you love.
there you go
Old 01-02-2009, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Holy ****, bbsandkm, I want to have your baby! I did it and it installed the radio!!! It now loads up to a windows Mobile 6.1 boot screen, and its.. it loaded! all i did was install the radio and everything loaded up! what the hell happened!?

I know i still have some changes to make, but it friken works and with 6.1

[edit] Now it keeps resetting on its own. I'm going to try reinstalling the rom. To everyone here, I really appreciate the help!
you need to update your bootloader..you said earlier or in your other post that you had olipro 1.20, you need 2.40 or better yet look for nuespl 2.47 and follow the directions and your phone will not keep resetting...
Old 01-02-2009, 05:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by im1badazchick View Post
you need to update your bootloader..you said earlier or in your other post that you had olipro 1.20, you need 2.40 or better yet look for nuespl 2.47 and follow the directions and your phone will not keep resetting...
I figured that out already, thanks to your earlier post. I updated already to olipro 2.4, it wouldn't exit, so i installed the alltel rom from the link bbsandkm provided earlier. It loaded up to windows, and now i just need to figure out if i need to reflash it over to cricket (I don't know if it will keep my settings now that i loaded an alltel rom). I attempted to flash this phone back in may, and remember something about not letting windows set up the device. Do I need to reflash? stupid question, but I want to be sure. Or can I simply load a 3.xx rom?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:00 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND

now that you have a radio find a ROM from any of this chefs here in ppcgeeks and flash it. ill keep an eye on this thread to help you.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:18 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

huh. Its different than the last time i tried to flash it back in may. It used to repeatedly go into windows is customizing your settings mode. damn.

So, what rom would you all recommend. I prefer one with mms and internet working.

I really appreciate the help. I donated a little money for all this help. contact the site admin and ask for half of it.

Last edited by nonzero; 01-02-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I figured that out already, thanks to your earlier post. I updated already to olipro 2.4, it wouldn't exit, so i installed the alltel rom from the link bbsandkm provided earlier. It loaded up to windows, and now i just need to figure out if i need to reflash it over to cricket (I don't know if it will keep my settings now that i loaded an alltel rom). I attempted to flash this phone back in may, and remember something about not letting windows set up the device. Do I need to reflash? stupid question, but I want to be sure. Or can I simply load a 3.xx rom?
if you now have the correct bootloader and radio then you can either flash the black pill back if you like or any rom as long as you know how to set it up...i say the black pill or there's another here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37245 from GAMedic for cricket...i always cook my own but since you aare not too familar with most of the process i say try one of those...a couple of guys i knew used the black pill and liked it and it should be easy to set up...also did you call cricket and ask them for your min number...they will give it to you. just tell them you believe you mesed up some settings and you just wanna make sure you have to right one...they know we like flashed phones better
Old 01-02-2009, 06:33 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

nonzero is a n00b

i gotta go to a friends house to use his phone, but i want to get the rest of the flashing done on my computer, his activesync is kind of iffy.

GAmedics says with arcsoft mms, which i already had, but it never worked.
so will either of these roms let me use mms and internet.

nm. Im flashing it GAmedics, will see how it works and let everyone know.

Last edited by nonzero; 01-02-2009 at 06:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan