PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800

photoopts is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
seeking a external gps

Am looking to get a external gps for my htc 6800 titan where can I get a good deal on one ( I tried ebay already ) and what should I look for when buying one.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6850 Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

j77drummer is just getting started
Re: seeking a external gps

Do you use the internal one
Old 12-31-2008, 01:33 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Greetings. Check out this link. Ive used this gps receiver before our moguls' gps was activated, and really liked it. It's called the freedom keychain mini gps. It's super small and connects via bluetooth. Like i said, i thought it worked extremely well.
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...ps-2000-a.html or look at this one http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...-receiver.html

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2
Carrier: Sprint

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoopts View Post
Am looking to get a external gps for my htc 6800 titan where can I get a good deal on one ( I tried ebay already ) and what should I look for when buying one.
Have you not done the GPS Rom update to your phone? IT unlocks the internal GPS chipset. Unless you just wanted the External receiver... I still have mine from my 6700 days.

Click here for HTC Rom update

download is at bottom of page.

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif

Last edited by apacho01; 12-31-2008 at 02:51 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

At the time Im reading this the OP has 6 posts so Im assuming he doesnt know he doesnt need an external GPS receiver. This also means he has a lot of reading and re-reading to do to understand what he was reading the first time.

So start reading here and read it over and over until you understand it.

If you still want a external GPS receiever and youre looking on ebay and they are too much, then you dont need one. Cheapest I remember using was a Holux 240
Old 12-31-2008, 12:18 PM
N00b

dcharlip is a n00b

Photopts - I just sent you a private message
Old 01-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800
Threadstarter

photoopts is a n00b

My manual only mentioned external gps.....sooo am thinking there is no internal one, this is all new to me.. I really need help here.thanks
Old 01-02-2009, 12:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6850 Touch Pro

j77drummer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoopts View Post
My manual only mentioned external gps.....sooo am thinking there is no internal one, this is all new to me.. I really need help here.thanks
As everybody else is stateing there is an internal GPS and there are many threads on here to help you use it as it will cost you no extra money to use it lol . and you dont have to carry around another device to use it Just read weedahoe post and go to the link in his reply it will help
Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work

It'll come to you, like they said just read read read and when you think you have read enough read alittle more. I'm still new but its starting to make alot more sense to me. And definitly do the GPS unlock, it works great and I wouldn't go with out.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

They have also unlocked the GPS to the TP on VZW in case anyone else doesnt know yet.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan