PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

silvaadams is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to silvaadams
3.2.6 or 3.3.4

okay ive been doing a little research...google'ing here, reading posts there. and id like to kno, is the switch to dcd 3.3.4 recommended? i currently run 3.2.6 and i swear its the best thing in the world. im kinda new to the rom flashing thing so im learning as i go along. i was reading the ppcgeeks post on its arrival and read of some flaws. plus wen i go to the xda-developers site to download the rom, the website seems not to exsist, or to have been taken down..thanks for your help

ROM: mightyrom 4 w/spb shell3
Old 01-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Cellcom

onioneater36 is just getting started
Re: 3.2.6 or 3.3.4

If you use the media player, you may want to stay at 3.2.6. I have read many places that even if you take videos with the built in camera, you cannot watch them on 3.3.4 as the media player no longer works.

It appears as if 3.2.6 is the most stable, most functional dcd rom available.

I recommend

spl247
radio 3.42.50
dcdrom 3.2.6

If you are there, I would recommend you stay, especially if it is working well for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:53 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

stay with 3.2.6 and use the kitchen

also dcd had a problem with one of the moderators there and was banned. his files are no longer available.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: sprint

atropos333 is a n00b

That's silly. I really like it that PPCGeeks seems to have pretty much none of that drama and stuff.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:25 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

I ran both 3.2.6 and 3.3.4. Both are great ROMs 3.3.4 gave me about 2 more mb at boot and ran spectacular. the only thing I can remember not working after 3.2.6 was the htc youtube app I had. I switched to youplay and that was it. I'll see if I can find my post about what I noticed was different. I have 3.3.4 on my computer and can Email it to ya or something if you want.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 01-01-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
I ran both 3.2.6 and 3.3.4. Both are great ROMs 3.3.4 gave me about 2 more mb at boot and ran spectacular. the only thing I can remember not working after 3.2.6 was the htc youtube app I had. I switched to youplay and that was it. I'll see if I can find my post about what I noticed was different. I have 3.3.4 on my computer and can Email it to ya or something if you want.
that would be great, but im not so sure if im willing to change, send it anyways because i guess now its gunna b harder to obtain. ill pm you with my email address, thanks again
Old 01-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvaadams View Post
that would be great, but im not so sure if im willing to change, send it anyways because i guess now its gunna b harder to obtain. ill pm you with my email address, thanks again
No problem, I'll zip it up and send it to ya.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by onioneater36 View Post
If you use the media player, you may want to stay at 3.2.6. I have read many places that even if you take videos with the built in camera, you cannot watch them on 3.3.4 as the media player no longer works.

It appears as if 3.2.6 is the most stable, most functional dcd rom available.

I recommend

spl247
radio 3.42.50
dcdrom 3.2.6

If you are there, I would recommend you stay, especially if it is working well for you.
so u recommend me flashing my radio to 3.42.50?...honestly i nevr really understood what it does. i kno for certain phone companies you need specific radios like for alltell, sprint, ect. i also know that wen i got my friend to become a rom fiend, he flashed a rom for his at&t tilt, bt the sound wouldn't work and it took us 3 days to figure out tht he needed 2 flash a different radio... like what exactly is the radio for? i thought it only delt with service signal untill jus recently, now im confussed
Old 01-01-2009, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
No problem, I'll zip it up and send it to ya.
once again thnx a mill
Old 01-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Geek'n it Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvaadams View Post
so u recommend me flashing my radio to 3.42.50?...honestly i nevr really understood what it does. i kno for certain phone companies you need specific radios like for alltell, sprint, ect. i also know that wen i got my friend to become a rom fiend, he flashed a rom for his at&t tilt, bt the sound wouldn't work and it took us 3 days to figure out tht he needed 2 flash a different radio... like what exactly is the radio for? i thought it only delt with service signal untill jus recently, now im confussed
I would also recommend flashing your radio to 3.42.5 Its the best radio I used. As long as you have your carrier .cab installed for the dcd rom, you'll be fine. I can send you that radio file too if you want.

I would flash that radio, even if you stay on 3.2.6.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan