PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 08:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Mikelundi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Mikelundi Send a message via Yahoo to Mikelundi
Die hard PPC fan

I just heard that the Mogul is no longer a buy-able phone (boo hoo). But besides that, is there anything the Mogul can do that the Touch Pro cannot? I wanna step up from the 6700, finally. And I ask because I'd prefer to stay in that category of phone rather than go to the Pro as I don't like touching my screen much; I didn't like it back in the flip-phone days. And I like the stylus because it prevents me from having to beat up on my keyboard all the time. So if anyone can help provide me with additional reasons to look around for a Mogul, all will be more than appreciated.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:54 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Re: Die hard PPC fan

Put it this way, the Touch Pro Replaced the Mogul, but Htc Views it as a "TOuch Phone" and not a "Pocket PC". If I were on Sprint then I would get a Touch Pro, but bbeing on Verizon I am not going to waste my money on their more expensive and ghetto looking phone. The Mogul for me is alright, but really need more RAM. 64 megs compared to 288, is much much better.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Mikelundi is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Mikelundi Send a message via Yahoo to Mikelundi

Thanks for the input. I mean, it's a fancy phone, I'm sure. But I really wished I jumped on the Mogul band wagon, lol.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:13 PM
ONE GIANT LEAP 4 MANKIND
Pocket PC: VERIZON DROID 1.2GHz BB.8
Carrier: Verizon

bbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbbsandkm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

jump on the touch wagon...you wont regret it
Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

there both the same price arent they. If so why would pick the Mogul over the Pro. There isnt anything the Mogul can do that the Pro cant that I can think of and they both have external keyboards. I could never go back to the Mogul after I got the Pro and after you run into the memory issues with the Mogul you'll realize you made a big mistake.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelundi View Post
Thanks for the input. I mean, it's a fancy phone, I'm sure. But I really wished I jumped on the Mogul band wagon, lol.
IF you have insurance you can still jump on the Mogul band wagon.

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 01-01-2009, 01:29 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I think another good idea for you, would be to go take a peek over at the Touch Pro forums. That way you can read peoples opinions who have one, and came from the mogul. I go there alot, cause i'm still on the fence about getting the TP. It's nice to get a heads up on issues or positives about the phone. Just my 2cents Happy New Year!!!
dschoenike

Old 01-01-2009, 02:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

You can still get a mogul. Check ebay or craigslist. I got mine on CL from a fellow PPCG member for $180. Brand new too!

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 01-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

There is something the Mogul can do that the TP can't

1. IR communications. The Touch Pro doesn't have an IR port
2. Battery can last longer
Old 01-01-2009, 05:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
There is something the Mogul can do that the TP can't

1. IR communications. The Touch Pro doesn't have an IR port
2. Battery can last longer
Yes- and it also had a scroll wheel which I find INDISPENSABLE! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe the TP has a wheel. That right there is a killer for me. I'd love a VGA screen & an accelerometer, but I love my scroll wheel more.

And call me crazy, but I kinda like the fact that the Mogul is a bit bulky. I like my smartphones a lil' on the chunky side.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan