PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Die hard PPC fan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51323)

Mikelundi 12-31-2008 08:44 PM

Die hard PPC fan

I just heard that the Mogul is no longer a buy-able phone (boo hoo). But besides that, is there anything the Mogul can do that the Touch Pro cannot? I wanna step up from the 6700, finally. And I ask because I'd prefer to stay in that category of phone rather than go to the Pro as I don't like touching my screen much; I didn't like it back in the flip-phone days. And I like the stylus because it prevents me from having to beat up on my keyboard all the time. So if anyone can help provide me with additional reasons to look around for a Mogul, all will be more than appreciated.

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-31-2008 08:54 PM

Re: Die hard PPC fan

Put it this way, the Touch Pro Replaced the Mogul, but Htc Views it as a "TOuch Phone" and not a "Pocket PC". If I were on Sprint then I would get a Touch Pro, but bbeing on Verizon I am not going to waste my money on their more expensive and ghetto looking phone. The Mogul for me is alright, but really need more RAM. 64 megs compared to 288, is much much better.

Mikelundi 12-31-2008 09:02 PM

Thanks for the input. I mean, it's a fancy phone, I'm sure. But I really wished I jumped on the Mogul band wagon, lol.

bbsandkm 12-31-2008 09:13 PM

jump on the touch wagon...you wont regret it

gmfeny 12-31-2008 09:27 PM

there both the same price arent they. If so why would pick the Mogul over the Pro. There isnt anything the Mogul can do that the Pro cant that I can think of and they both have external keyboards. I could never go back to the Mogul after I got the Pro and after you run into the memory issues with the Mogul you'll realize you made a big mistake.

apacho01 12-31-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikelundi (Post 611156)
Thanks for the input. I mean, it's a fancy phone, I'm sure. But I really wished I jumped on the Mogul band wagon, lol.

IF you have insurance you can still jump on the Mogul band wagon.

dschoenike 01-01-2009 01:29 AM

I think another good idea for you, would be to go take a peek over at the Touch Pro forums. That way you can read peoples opinions who have one, and came from the mogul. I go there alot, cause i'm still on the fence about getting the TP. It's nice to get a heads up on issues or positives about the phone. Just my 2cents :) Happy New Year!!!
dschoenike

kabuk1 01-01-2009 02:48 AM

You can still get a mogul. Check ebay or craigslist. I got mine on CL from a fellow PPCG member for $180. Brand new too!

[sammich] 01-01-2009 02:56 AM

There is something the Mogul can do that the TP can't

1. IR communications. The Touch Pro doesn't have an IR port
2. Battery can last longer

kabuk1 01-01-2009 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 611478)
There is something the Mogul can do that the TP can't

1. IR communications. The Touch Pro doesn't have an IR port
2. Battery can last longer

Yes- and it also had a scroll wheel which I find INDISPENSABLE! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe the TP has a wheel. That right there is a killer for me. I'd love a VGA screen & an accelerometer, but I love my scroll wheel more.

And call me crazy, but I kinda like the fact that the Mogul is a bit bulky. I like my smartphones a lil' on the chunky side.