PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Goodlink on the Mogul? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5123)

tvrvic 06-19-2007 05:47 PM

Goodlink on the Mogul?

Anybody able to get Goodlink to Install? Kind of odd they included the icon for it in the rom and it doesn't seem to support it. I tried to do an OTA install of the PPC5 version and it tells me the following :

good messaging is not supported for the carrier: sprint pcs

I did try the reg edit to change the carrier name, I changed it just to Sprint and it still picks up Sprint PCS. Anybody have any ideas? or gotten it to work?

Jact 06-19-2007 10:31 PM

OK...I am having the same problem with the default install. I tried installing the beta and it goes through the install however is now stuck at downloading services (same thing that happened when installing the prod app to 3.5 aku's of 6700's). I do know that not all WM6 phones work with goodlink, I will be contacting them tomorrow on this.

tvrvic 06-19-2007 10:48 PM

how did you get the beta? I didn't call them since I wasn't at work today. I know they should have a beta of 5.0 already since they should be close to being done with it.

Guess I will call tomorrow morning and see what they say. Just wondering if maybe you had some key words I can tell support to get them to give me access to the beta since it isn't listed under betas on my good portal.

dmackdaddy 06-19-2007 11:35 PM

yeah, sucks!!! the 4.9.3 ota shows the same darn imsi number as the esn and the 5.0 beta doesn't but it still won't install. we are going to have to wait till the release 5.0 for the server. seems they figured out the imsi issue now u need the server portion but we r not going to install beta on our stuff.

Jact 06-20-2007 09:56 AM

so I am now up and running on the beta, apparently when I was re-added to the good console I was put on production instead of the test server, so yes you do need the beta installed on a server. Checked with Good today and it doesn't seem like they are going to support the Mogul until the 5.0 release.

Jact 06-20-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvrvic
how did you get the beta? I didn't call them since I wasn't at work today. I know they should have a beta of 5.0 already since they should be close to being done with it.

Guess I will call tomorrow morning and see what they say. Just wondering if maybe you had some key words I can tell support to get them to give me access to the beta since it isn't listed under betas on my good portal.

I would just send an e-mail to your contact at good asking to be added to the 5.0 beta, nothing really more than that. there is only a few phones that good has tested with it, so you may have some problems, I didn't have any problems on my 6700 runing aku 3.5 or this device since I got it up and running this morning.

tvrvic 06-20-2007 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jact
I would just send an e-mail to your contact at good asking to be added to the 5.0 beta, nothing really more than that. there is only a few phones that good has tested with it, so you may have some problems, I didn't have any problems on my 6700 runing aku 3.5 or this device since I got it up and running this morning.

Looks like I am out of luck; my company isn't large enough to be considered for the beta.

I guess I am more upset that the checks they put in place are preventing 4.9.3 from installing when it would probably work good enough.

dmackdaddy 06-20-2007 10:46 AM

I manage a QA GLES server and we have Good in production as well but we test with what's released not BETA, so I'll have to use my Q for work mail as I use POutlook for my personal E2K7 mail.

Here's a whole thread about Good on AKU3.5 and now WM6 for those who want more background:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/bounty-for-c...ing-t4834.html

grimloch 06-20-2007 11:03 AM

If i get a hold of the 5.0 beta version and install it on my 6800, does my office server also need to be running a 5.0 beta for everything to sync?

dmackdaddy 06-20-2007 11:32 AM

Yes. 5.0 OTA isn't enough. The server needs it as well.