PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PPC 6800 Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

jclpld is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Broke My touch screen

I broke my touchscreen and Altell doesnt offer the 6800 anymore. If I bought a Sprint phone off ebay, would I be able to make it work with my plan? Any other suggestions?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:36 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Broke My touch screen

It would be a long and complicated process to try and make that work. They should be able to replace your screen or the phone with a comparable model if they have to replace the phone. Not exactly sure how Alltel works but they should have some sort of insurance program that will help you out.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

try to be a little clearer on what you mean. You bought a sprint phone on ebay. What phone model did u buy there are so many different sprint phones?

I'll go as far to say that you bought the sprint version of the 6800, the Mogul.

Your best bet is to gut the phones and just put them back together using whatever case you want. Sense the ESN is tied to the board/guts of the phone just use the alltel board in the sprint version or take the sprint screen and use in the alltel caseing with board.

You can with a lotta work and getting the right rep to activate the sprint esn on the alltel account but you have to flash the sprint phone to an alltel rom first. It would be less of a headache to use the phones u have the new used sprint one and your alltell and mix and match good parts to make a working alltel version(alltel guts/board) of the phone.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Lebnanpride is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Lebnanpride

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
try to be a little clearer on what you mean. You bought a sprint phone on ebay. What phone model did u buy there are so many different sprint phones?

I'll go as far to say that you bought the sprint version of the 6800, the Mogul.

Your best bet is to gut the phones and just put them back together using whatever case you want. Sense the ESN is tied to the board/guts of the phone just use the alltel board in the sprint version or take the sprint screen and use in the alltel caseing with board.

You can with a lotta work and getting the right rep to activate the sprint esn on the alltel account but you have to flash the sprint phone to an alltel rom first. It would be less of a headache to use the phones u have the new used sprint one and your alltell and mix and match good parts to make a working alltel version(alltel guts/board) of the phone.
He sais "IF" he bought a phone onebay, not "HE DID" =D>
Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx, Treo 700p,HTC Mogul PPC6800, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

shelovezlaw is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to shelovezlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 View Post
It would be a long and complicated process to try and make that work. They should be able to replace your screen or the phone with a comparable model if they have to replace the phone. Not exactly sure how Alltel works but they should have some sort of insurance program that will help you out.
Alltel should have insurance that covers the issue that you are experiencing. I had the same issue w/ Sprint and insurance covered it but I had to pay a $50 deduc. Do you have mobile insurance? Also not sure if you can purchase a Sprint 6800 and use it on Alltel's network.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

buckguin is a n00b

Im sure there are Alltel versions of the 6800 on Ebay, probably your best bet.. There is no need to get a sprint phone really.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Storm
Carrier: T-Mobile

seraphazaziel79 is a n00b

You should've just bought a new screen from ebay. They have a choice of just the touch screen itself or purchasing the touch screen and lcd.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone know where to find instructions on how to change out a LCD screen on a verizon vx6800?

Thanks,

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheat06 View Post
Does anyone know where to find instructions on how to change out a LCD screen on a verizon vx6800?

Thanks,
Can you search?? It is really easily to search for that answer.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Can you search?? It is really easily to search for that answer.
I did search, that is why I am posting the question for someone to answer.

What I found was not helpful, and I was hoping that someone knew of a good site or documentation......

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan