PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6800

fallenstar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
bricked 6800

I received a htc 6800 ppc from a friend at work, and from I understand the person tried to downgrade firmware on the phone. The phone will now not boot up at all. I have looked around at unbricking guides.They suggest to use the original 512 mb micro sd card that came with the phone, load a file onto it, and boot the phone into the bootloader. They say that you do this by taking the battery out of the phone for one minute. Then you put the battery back into the phone and hold the camera button and then press the power button to accomplish this. No matter what I've tried using; a usb cord to the computer, the power cord, battery or no battery I can't seem to get into the bootloader. Is there something I am doing wrong? When I plug the phone in, and I remove the battery the top amber led is lit indicating that the battery is charging, but there is no battery in the phone... If you guys have any ideas or suggestions that would be awesome! Thanks for your patience!!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS AND SPRINT

fearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfearbasel04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: bricked 6800

one thing i see your missing is holding the camera button power button AND pressing the restart button. you need to do all three in order to get into the bootloader
Old 12-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fallenstar is a n00b

Ok. I tried that a few times, and I have had no success so far. I tried with it plugged into the wall, and with the battery in. I have tried it with the sd card in, and with it out. So far nothing. I should think It would not make a difference if the phone was getting power whether it was from a power cord or a battery, but I could be wrong. However, the correct light is on indictating the battery is charging now, and that was not happening before...
Old 12-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Let the battery charge awhile. I don't think you can operate the device solely from the charger while running the ROM install.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

fallenstar is a n00b

It doesn't seem to make a difference, I let the battery charge for an hour..
Old 12-29-2008, 05:11 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

If you're into bootloader mode then you're probably not bricked. But if you're stuck in download mode then you are pretty much done. You might try activating the phone then get a replacment. You will have to come up with a reason to get one though. If you have insurance then maybe use that. UTStarcom can re-work the phone with their advanced equitment.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Cellcom

onioneater36 is just getting started

Just to make sure, you need to hold down the power button, camera button and hit the reset button (all 3 simultaneously) to get to the boot loader. I only say this cuz I helped someone else and could not understand why they could not get to the boot loader and found out they were hitting them 1 at a time in sequence instead of all 3 at once.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan