PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   bricked 6800 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50941)

fallenstar 12-29-2008 12:15 PM

bricked 6800

I received a htc 6800 ppc from a friend at work, and from I understand the person tried to downgrade firmware on the phone. The phone will now not boot up at all. I have looked around at unbricking guides.They suggest to use the original 512 mb micro sd card that came with the phone, load a file onto it, and boot the phone into the bootloader. They say that you do this by taking the battery out of the phone for one minute. Then you put the battery back into the phone and hold the camera button and then press the power button to accomplish this. No matter what I've tried using; a usb cord to the computer, the power cord, battery or no battery I can't seem to get into the bootloader. Is there something I am doing wrong? When I plug the phone in, and I remove the battery the top amber led is lit indicating that the battery is charging, but there is no battery in the phone... If you guys have any ideas or suggestions that would be awesome! Thanks for your patience!!

fearbasel04 12-29-2008 12:20 PM

Re: bricked 6800

one thing i see your missing is holding the camera button power button AND pressing the restart button. you need to do all three in order to get into the bootloader

fallenstar 12-29-2008 01:07 PM

Ok. I tried that a few times, and I have had no success so far. I tried with it plugged into the wall, and with the battery in. I have tried it with the sd card in, and with it out. So far nothing. I should think It would not make a difference if the phone was getting power whether it was from a power cord or a battery, but I could be wrong. However, the correct light is on indictating the battery is charging now, and that was not happening before...

demonlordoftheround 12-29-2008 01:20 PM

Let the battery charge awhile. I don't think you can operate the device solely from the charger while running the ROM install.

fallenstar 12-29-2008 03:29 PM

It doesn't seem to make a difference, I let the battery charge for an hour..

PDAPhoneJunkie 12-29-2008 05:11 PM

If you're into bootloader mode then you're probably not bricked. But if you're stuck in download mode then you are pretty much done. You might try activating the phone then get a replacment. You will have to come up with a reason to get one though. If you have insurance then maybe use that. UTStarcom can re-work the phone with their advanced equitment.

onioneater36 12-29-2008 09:46 PM

Just to make sure, you need to hold down the power button, camera button and hit the reset button (all 3 simultaneously) to get to the boot loader. I only say this cuz I helped someone else and could not understand why they could not get to the boot loader and found out they were hitting them 1 at a time in sequence instead of all 3 at once.