PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Can't Transfer files to PC???!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50925)

RiftReaper 12-29-2008 05:00 AM

Can't Transfer files to PC???!!

I am using Resco File Explorer 2008..however, when I map the drive of my PC, I can access the Drive from my titian and transfer stuff from my PC to my titan, but I can not transfer from my titan to my PC.......I'm running XP Pro, and I have the box checked in XP to allow network users to modify the shared folder.....I do not know whats going on.....

Anyone have any ideas?

skeegcpp 12-29-2008 06:45 AM

Re: Can't Transfer files to PC???!!

if i understand u correctly, u trying to get files of da titan to ur pc..u shudn't have to use resco...jus highlight what u wanna "transfer" right click go to copy or cut(depending on what u wanna do) then paste on desktop or all ready folder on ur PC

weedahoe 12-29-2008 11:13 AM

Could be firewall ports blocked on the PC via software or in a router (hardware) or could Net BIOS permissions. Can use transfer from other PCs to that XP machine? Are you trying to transfer something to the C:/ or directly to a profile such as C:\Documents and Settings\Default User where "Default User" could be your account or whoever is logged in?

RiftReaper 12-30-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedahoe (Post 605885)
Could be firewall ports blocked on the PC via software or in a router (hardware) or could Net BIOS permissions. Can use transfer from other PCs to that XP machine? Are you trying to transfer something to the C:/ or directly to a profile such as C:\Documents and Settings\Default User where "Default User" could be your account or whoever is logged in?

I can transfer stuff fine between PC and PC....but for some odd reason I can not do it between my PC-Titan or my Laptop-Titan?? weird!

skeegcpp 12-30-2008 04:54 PM

ok rift, what steps do u exactly take to xfer files?????? cuz that does sound weird

RiftReaper 12-31-2008 03:43 AM

In resco menu, i select copy or move to then select the folder or drive in My network on the titan and hit ok.......then it closes...and i end up with the file i transfered to the PC or Laptop showing up but only as 0 Kilobytes.....so its trying to do it, but something is stoping the data from transfering

skeegcpp 12-31-2008 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiftReaper (Post 609767)
In resco menu, i select copy or move to then select the folder or drive in My network on the titan and hit ok.......then it closes...and i end up with the file i transfered to the PC or Laptop showing up but only as 0 Kilobytes.....so its trying to do it, but something is stoping the data from transfering

k, jus try to copy and paste into tytn-my docs folder......has the current way u tryin ever work in the past??

TheBundo 12-31-2008 06:20 PM

I use bluetooth and Resco