PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Can I Surf Using the Wifi on 6800 Disconnected from Sprint? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50735)

discipler 12-27-2008 12:32 PM

Can I Surf Using the Wifi on 6800 Disconnected from Sprint?

Sorry for the long title. I have a Mogul from Sprint that is about to be sold. I have already switched over to my new Sprint phone. What I wonder is if I can still use the Mogul to go on the internet using the wifi radio? I have it recognizing my home network, but the phone is trying to dial #777 and won't default to the wifi. Can you answer this please?

acontrasto 12-27-2008 12:41 PM

Re: Can I Surf Using the Wifi on 6800 Disconnected from Sprint?

Did you try turning off the radio in the Comm Manager?

Go into Settings, then click on the Connections Tab. There will be a few options in there for you to play around with. First try disabling the Cell Radio in Comm Manager. If that doesn't work, go into Connections > Advanced and change your automatic network by clicking Select Networks.

discipler 12-27-2008 01:08 PM

I tried turning the cell radio on and off and on. The configure wireless networds page is recognizing my network, but is saying it is unavailable. I am getting the send/receive arrows on the little wi-fi symbol in the taskbar. But network is said to be "unavailable".

Imaginos 12-27-2008 02:23 PM

Just tested my 6800 in airplane mode. Turned on WiFi and I was able to discover and connect to an access point. Once connected, I was able to surf.
You might have a hardware issue?

nelly04 12-27-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discipler (Post 602762)
I tried turning the cell radio on and off and on. The configure wireless networds page is recognizing my network, but is saying it is unavailable. I am getting the send/receive arrows on the little wi-fi symbol in the taskbar. But network is said to be "unavailable".

Go to comm manager and disable data connection. then try the wifi.

discipler 12-27-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Go to comm manager and disable data connection. then try the wifi.
Phone keeps trying to connect to Sprint PCS when I attempt to surf. In the Comm Manager, the icon that looks like an envelope is gray and the icon that looks like a mogul device is gray. When I turn off the phone receiver icon (in the comm manager), the bars disappear from signal meter and the wireless Lan recognizes my network, but says it is unavailable.

nelly04 12-27-2008 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by discipler (Post 602888)
Phone keeps trying to connect to Sprint PCS when I attempt to surf. In the Comm Manager, the icon that looks like an envelope is gray and the icon that looks like a mogul device is gray. When I turn off the phone receiver icon (in the comm manager), the bars disappear from signal meter and the wireless Lan recognizes my network, but says it is unavailable.

Thats odd.... It might be disabled from sprint so you cannot use it without service but im pretty sure there is away. did you hard reset the phone?

shaggylive 12-27-2008 03:17 PM

try this handy NO Data cab
http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket...tility-nodata/

discipler 12-27-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelly04 (Post 602925)
Thats odd.... It might be disabled from sprint so you cannot use it without service but im pretty sure there is away. did you hard reset the phone?

I will try to.

discipler 12-27-2008 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 602972)

I did the hard reset and Windows Mobile is going through Customization. It is loading some cabs and etc and etc. Once completed, the device restarted. And during this time, the Wi-fi was on and the little tower had the ring around it. And now when I click on IE icon, the phone tries again to connect to Sprint PCS. I wonder why it doesn't default to connecting through the Wi-fi?