PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 03:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Cricket

Tazzo187 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bricked Phone!? (Verizon 6800)

(currently working on 3 phones at one time replacing screens on one phone...ect) anyways i have another problem for the PPCGeeks family to solve

I have a Verizon 6800
its has the stock BL (TITA100 )
(SPL-1.04.0000)

i have no idea what happend to this phone but it was brought to me and i have a grey screen with blue letters it looks like the system restore after a hard reset. the screen says[Do you want to erase all user data and restore to manufacture?]

YES = QWERTY <R> KEY
NO = QWERTY <X> KEY

now i have done both options numerous times and it brings me right back to the grey screen again. when i select yes it asks the input of the [SPACE] button on the keyboard and again the grey sreen

now i have linked the phone to my PC via USB and the computer does not recognise the device so it would be impossible to flash a rom onto the phone through usb .

and i have also formatted a memory card and transfered a stock verizon rom onto it so i can flash from the card. after Renaming the xxxxxx.nbh file to TITAIMG.nbh putting the phone in BL mode the phone started "updating" took about 15-20 mins. after the update was a success i restarted the phone and back to the grey screen again.

any help would be appreciated

-Taz
Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: Cricket
Threadstarter

Tazzo187 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bricked Phone!? (Verizon 6800)

im here to update the situation]

I took apart the Verizon 6800 and swapped the motherboard with the Alltel PPC6800 and i still got the annoying grey screen so i took the verizon 6800 completely apart and there was a black chip im not sure what it was could possibly be ram im not sure it sits behind the LCD but anyway i replaced that with the Alltel 6800 black chip and slapped phone back together with the verizon 6800 motherboard and bam its back up and running again i have so many of these damn parts just laying around lol.... anyways it was a fun adventure and if any could verify what that little square black chip that would be awesome

-Taz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan