PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Bluetooth stereo adapter for home audio! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50565)

elmerfudpucker 12-25-2008 04:45 PM

Bluetooth stereo adapter for home audio!

Just got the Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway that takes your bluetooth stereo signal and sends it via hardwire to you stereo. So far it is working good with my Mogul and saves all the messing around with wires and such.
Pros: Wireless audio via bluetooth and works with any stereo with inputs.
Small package 2"x2"x.5"

Cons: No battery, need to use power adapter.
Needs better audio out cord.

Simple touch on/off, touch and hold for 3sec to pair.
range is about 15'

It only does stereo audio, it does not handle calls. But the Mogul bounces back to audio a second or so after a call so that is good. There was no problem using my Jawbone to handle the calls and the Berry to handle the audio.
Seen them for $20 bucks on Amazon.com, I say it is worth it.
I fired C-ApiSRO (Thanks R-Capi!) to the home stereo. Gotta love Dahlquist DQ-10's and a set of DQ-9's on a B+K 5 channel amp with a set of Zapco 10" subs to handle the bottom end! :headbang:The Lexicon preamp keeps them under control for me, needless to say my roomates are pissed!!!:protest::protest:

TheBundo 12-26-2008 07:24 AM

Re: Bluetooth stereo adapter for home audio!

Why not just play the stereo?

3boos 12-26-2008 09:23 AM

I have the Motorola DC800, it receivies the stereo and brodcast it through the home theater system in a deacent quality, but the only problem I had with it is that when I finish a call using a bluetooth, it automatically connects to the phone and every sound after that goes through the home theater!!

elmerfudpucker 12-26-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 600995)
Why not just play the stereo?

Because I dont have a home Sirius / XM player, nor do I want to tie up my laptop to it. the Bluetooth link work with the laptop too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3boos (Post 601038)
I have the Motorola DC800, it receivies the stereo and brodcast it through the home theater system in a deacent quality, but the only problem I had with it is that when I finish a call using a bluetooth, it automatically connects to the phone and every sound after that goes through the home theater!!

Dont have that issue with the Blackberry, plus it is much smaller unit tho I was going to get one of those till I ran into this one.

shaggylive 06-07-2010 08:42 PM

any updated comments or hardware anyone wants to recommend? one of my clients got the maxipad. anything with a bit more range than 15ft?